Expedition / Navigator

New '21 FX4 Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 11:30 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
We got 8+ inches Monday on our North facing ridge. I dragged out the snowblower and worked it in the driveway for about an hour to get out. Still subfreezing temperatures, so it's hanging around and more expected tomorrow. Hurry back, I liked that dusting "blizzard" you brought.

So it took a couple of Cajuns to get some snow up in your area!! I looked up Beech Mountain and we were real close to it. We stayed at the Blue Ridge Villa's which is owned by Bluegreen who we've been having a timeshare with since 1997. Ours is based at Laurel Crest off 321 in Pigeon Forge. Wifes sister and her husband moved to Charlotte from Frederick, MD. to be closer to their 2 grown sons and grandkids. The only thing bad about the drive was coming back from Charlotte through Atlanta and the massive traffic jams. I've always enjoyed the mountains since our area is flat as a pancake!!

Old 01-06-2022, 06:19 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by PawPaw
So it took a couple of Cajuns to get some snow up in your area!! I looked up Beech Mountain and we were real close to it. We stayed at the Blue Ridge Villa's which is owned by Bluegreen who we've been having a timeshare with since 1997. Ours is based at Laurel Crest off 321 in Pigeon Forge. Wifes sister and her husband moved to Charlotte from Frederick, MD. to be closer to their 2 grown sons and grandkids. The only thing bad about the drive was coming back from Charlotte through Atlanta and the massive traffic jams. I've always enjoyed the mountains since our area is flat as a pancake!!
Yep, our house on Beech is only 7 or 8 miles from Blue Ridge Villas. We love the area all around Tyncastle, Banner Elk, Grandfather, Sugar and Beech. Traffic gets a bit annoying every now and then on weekends during ski season and fall peak leaf viewing, but that's about it. During those times we venture out on weekdays, but stay holed up on the weekends. Traffic on weekends can get backed up a mile or more at the Banner Elk light and the Tyncastle light just down from your Villas.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-09-2022, 10:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I had a fully loaded Expedition Limited as a rental car about this time two years ago. I put maybe 2500 miles on it. really enjoyed the driving experience of it

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-12-2022, 03:33 PM
Took these last week in a local cane field on a 80 degree day. Have a little over 1,500 miles on it and liking it so far.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Patman
I had a fully loaded Expedition Limited as a rental car about this time two years ago. I put maybe 2500 miles on it. really enjoyed the driving experience of it
Wife and I can't wait until we can take a long trip in ours. They ride and handle nice in town compared to the dually I had.

Old 01-13-2022, 10:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Wife and I can't wait until we can take a long trip in ours. They ride and handle nice in town compared to the dually I had.

I can only imagine

Old 01-14-2022, 08:48 PM
We got 8+ inches Monday on our North facing ridge. I dragged out the snowblower and worked it in the driveway for about an hour to get out. Still subfreezing temperatures, so it's hanging around and more expected tomorrow. Hurry back, I liked that dusting "blizzard" you brought!

Will try to send some more this weekend!!

Old 01-14-2022, 08:55 PM
Wife and I are enjoying the heated seats and I'm liking the heated steering wheel. We've been getting temps in the 40's in the mornings so the remote start heats up everything. We may even have a chance of getting some snow this coming Sunday so maybe I can test out the AWD capability. Only had snow once in the 14 yrs we've been at this house.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:34 AM
Wife and I are enjoying the heated seats and I'm liking the heated steering wheel. We've been getting temps in the 40's in the mornings so the remote start heats up everything. We may even have a chance of getting some snow this coming Sunday so maybe I can test out the AWD capability. Only had snow once in the 14 yrs we've been at this house.
Heated steering wheel, heated seats, remote start and massage seats are the best things ever in my F-150. Just a few years ago I would have laughed at someone saying that, but now that I've had them, they are on my list going forward of things to order on new vehicles.

Thanks for your efforts at sending snow, luckily we are at the flatland house south of Charlotte, NC this week and will miss all the "festivities" in the mountains.
The weather guessers are claiming we will get some snow and ice here, but not nearly as much as the NC mts.
Son number 2 is at the mt house working a bit and snowboarding this week, so the snow will be welcomed by him.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:12 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I just don’t know what the world is coming to! First a Cajun from the swamps of South Louisiana and now a Yankee. Heated steering wheel, heated seats? Good grief! My truck says it has heated seats and I don’t even know how to operate them. If I tried, I would probably get burn blisters on my butt. 😂😂😂

Old 01-15-2022, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I just don’t know what the world is coming to! First a Cajun from the swamps of South Louisiana and now a Yankee. Heated steering wheel, heated seats? Good grief! My truck says it has heated seats and I don’t even know how to operate them. If I tried, I would probably get burn blisters on my butt. 😂😂😂
BUT, once you have "blistered" a BUTT in the dead of winter, you'll never return to regular seats.!!!!! (I will admit, the heated steering wheel is my favorite, closely followed by the massage.)

I will say my verdict on A/C seats is still out. Feels like my pants are wet...... . Hell, at my age they could be wet without me realizing it.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:04 PM
Heated steering wheel, heated seats, remote start and massage seats are the best things ever in my F-150. Just a few years ago I would have laughed at someone saying that, but now that I've had them, they are on my list going forward of things to order on new vehicles.

Thanks for your efforts at sending snow, luckily we are at the flatland house south of Charlotte, NC this week and will miss all the "festivities" in the mountains.
The weather guessers are claiming we will get some snow and ice here, but not nearly as much as the NC mts.
Son number 2 is at the mt house working a bit and snowboarding this week, so the snow will be welcomed by him.
Wife's sister and her husband live in the Matthews/Pineville area not far from the Quail Hollow golf course. We stayed there 3 nights a few months ago on the way back from Banner Elk. Nice area of Charlotte. About 5 yrs ago we made a trip to Lake Norman for a family get together and rented a house on the lake. Was up there around Christmas and had snow and ice the morning we left! I'll take a snow or ice storm before another Hurricane Ida that we rode out.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:06 PM
We use the heated seats to heat up boiled crawfish that were cooled off by the AC set on 60!!!

Old 01-15-2022, 12:13 PM

Then try this!!

Old 01-15-2022, 12:41 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
We use the heated seats to heat up boiled crawfish that were cooled off by the AC set on 60!!!
now that is more like what I would expect from any self respecting mudbugger! 😀

Quick Reply: New '21 FX4 Expedition