Expedition / Navigator

funny story I just have to share

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile funny story I just have to share

something funny happened to me on the way home today... there is this stoplight intersection in Orlando where the last right lane becomes a merge lane just beyond the far side of the road... needless to say, this is a very popular spot for people to show off their cars as they cut off the car in the middle lane as they merge on the other side of the street....

anyway, here I am in my very big and heavy 5.4 expy and a mustang pulls up into the merge lane... I ask my son if the car has a "gt" sign on it... my son who is only 8 says yes.... I'm thinking... "I'll bet this guy is gonna show off and blow my doors off"

the light turns green and I plant the accelerator... being very big and heavy, my tires hook up immediately and off I go.... now the mustang... being light and highly overpowered... dumps his clutch and starts to spin his wheels.... very impressively I might add.... by the time he starts to hook up, I'm almost to the other side of the intersection... by the time he catches up to me.... he has run out of room to pass me... the last thing I see is this middle aged dragster with his mouth wide open as he is forced to merge behind me.....

and all this time... I'm laughing my head off thinking... "thank you family man for all the mods you inspired me to do to my expy... minus the boat stuff of course....and the suspension mods... but that is next....

hahahahahahaha

Old 10-16-2001, 08:08 PM
The look on their face is priceless

My 99 EB Expy is a 4x4 and launches like a rocket in the rain. Have not lost a merge yet, wet or dry. Might have something to do with the size. Mustang gonna lose playing chicken with 6000+lbs.

I wish I could get my Lightning to hook up like that.

Mike

Old 10-16-2001, 09:52 PM
RT Stat

I love it!! I've only done that one time and it was with an Audi TT but we were turning in dual turn lanes where one ends shortly after the turn. He nailed it hard and was in the inside lane. I nailed it ('cause I thought he wanted to have some fun) and when I looked in my rearview, he wasn't in a hurry anymore and actually slowed back pretty far after he found he couldn't pass me when I was passing him.

Ah, the joy's of a little juvenille fun for us old graying guys in SUV's with a few bolt-on's (well I'm graying anyhow)

Last edited by FamilyRide; 10-16-2001 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-17-2001, 04:34 PM
You know what.... this guy did the same thing.... after he pulled in behind me.... he slowed way down......

He must have been dazed... beaten by a SUV

hahaha

Old 10-19-2001, 09:12 PM
The guy in the Mustang was probably an idiot. I have owned both a Mustang GT and currently have an Expedition and if these two cars lined up I know that my Expedition would get spanked. The guy in the stang probably didnt know how to launch. My GT hit the 1/4 in the high 14s while the Expedition is like low 17s. I wish I still had my GT as a third car. I have raced a riced out civic and won but I have never beaten a GT. Sorry guys but the stang was probably a V6 with Gt badging, 2:73 gears and an idiot was driving it.

Old 10-20-2001, 09:52 PM
Exactly...like I said in my post... he spun his wheels very impressively... but if you don't know how to drive... you shouldn't be trying to win any races....

can you imagine... mustang gt... not being able to blow the doors off an suv that's twice the size and an automatic...

Old 10-21-2001, 10:49 AM
I hope you laughed very very loudly. Things like that make you wish you always had a video camera handy. I bet that guy is gonna keep this race a secret and not tell no one . Man I wish I was racing him. Anyways good kill.

Quick Reply: funny story I just have to share