Expedition / Navigator

sport package steps on expy scratched

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sport package steps on expy scratched

My husband bought me a 01 Expy a couple weeks ago, and I have already scratched the steps getting the kids in and out of the back seat. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can get to protect the paint on the steps? It seems to be getting more scratched every day. Help please!!!

Old 10-19-2001, 04:35 PM
I assume you are talking light surface scratches. I have simply polished and waxed my scratches out on the steps (nerf bars). If it is deeper than surface scratches, it is just like paint. You will need to sand them down and get it repainted. I cant see where this would be necessary though if it is just fairly soft shoe soles that have been on the steps. Probally just try some scratch remover and polish then follow up with a good protectant. I have read tons about Zaino Brothers polish products. Havent used it myself, but have heard nothing but good remarks about it. Good luck

http://www.zainobros.com/

Old 10-20-2001, 01:47 AM
Thanks. I will try the Zaino. It should work on most of the scratches. There are a few that are pretty deep. I can stick a fingernail in them. My daughters pre-school has a gravel parking lot, I think the gravel in the soles of the shoes caused most of the damage. I will just have to be more careful. Our SuperCrew has chrome steps and scratches are not a problem. My husband thinks the steps were the best place to get my first scratch. I don't think there is any good place.

Quick Reply: sport package steps on expy scratched