Expedition / Navigator

video headrest

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
video headrest

I want to install 2 LCD monitors in my headrest, has any one done this yet? And if so did you do it your self or have a shop put it in. Also has anyone put in an in dash monitor and AV unit in. I have the Pioneer AVX-7000CD for the head unit and the AVM-P8000R for the processor. I am about to get a PS2 so I will have the ability to play games and watch DVDs.

Old 10-24-2001, 05:45 PM
I'm running Alpine equipment: CVA1005, DVA5200, PXA-H510, CHA-s624, and two Audiovox LCM0565 screens in each headrest. I had a shop do it, but I was there the entire time and could have saved myself some money and done it myself. It's not an incredibly complex process since these screens come with headrest mounting hardware.

Old 10-24-2001, 07:03 PM
Thanks Multimedia,
Did the shop just cut the seat run the wires down the seat, then put in the housing and then slap in the monitor? From looking at all the monitors it looks simple, if you had to do it again would you do it your self? I want to save myself some cash so I can get a superchip and intake!

Old 10-25-2001, 08:59 AM
That is exactly what they did. However, the metal that you attach the monitor to has two raised ridges that run from the top of the seat down. In order to get the monitor to fit more flush, those were cut out with an air saw. It sounds daunting, but it's real easy to do. If you pull your seat cover off, you will see them.
If I had to do it again, I would definately do it myself. Hey, if you get started and need any help, drop me a line at november4@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: video headrest