Expedition / Navigator

Headlamp problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlamp problems

I've been using some high wattage headlamps (HID look-a-like) and after a period of time( about a year) the socket for the headlamps have become very brittle from heat and caused my headlights not to work. I went to the Ford dealership and they didn't have the replacement pigtail that attatches to the main wiring loom, but instead had a socket with some bare wires to splice into the existing pigtail. My concern is that this will even make the wiring more susceptible to heat and cause further problems. Has anybody else experienced this and what did you do to correct it? For those that are running high wattage headlamps, which bulbs have been good (besides PIAA) and which ones should I stay away from?

Old 11-08-2001, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay away from all except for Piaa or Sylvania. The Piaa platinums are not high wattage draw. The other cheap ones that you find at car shows and Ebay most often are cheap imports that will cook your lamps. There are exceptions of course but the saying you pay for what you get applies. Good luck

Quick Reply: Headlamp problems