Expedition / Navigator

EXPY vs F250

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EXPY vs F250

Last night I was driving home when this blue monster F250SD
was staring at my EXPY. We both came to a redlight and he keep staring ? I was like ok this guy is wired or he really like my EXPY.

The light turn green and I took off normal, but I noticed that he punched it and his F250 took off you could here the diesel engine
working very loud. So I decided to stomp the gas well I was amazed that my EXPY actuallly pass him. He had about 1/4 truck lead on me when he took off.

I passed him doing 45 and continued until about 70. I was a good 1/2 truck ahead of him.
We came to the next red light.This time the guy rolled down his window and said what fu#$ do you have in the truck? i just laughed.
He said he had never seen such a nice EXPY and he was suprised that I actually had passed him.

Now by no means am I like NEAL the HP freak whose races everyone.However I will be like NEAL once I supercharge it lol

But I felt really good that my EXPY was able to perform the way she did.

Has any EXPY owner ever raced one of these F250 super duty?
I am not here too start any flames I like those F250sd.

I just wanted to know is my EXPY that fast ? I quess that night is was.

99Expy 5.4 3.73
K&N FIPK
JBA HEADERS
CUSTOM EXHAUST 3inch mandrel bend Vortex Cherry Bomb
DIABLO CHIP
BOSCH PLATNIUM SPARK PLUGS
THIRS SEAT REMOVED lol
285/60/17 Toyo Proxes S/T
Molded real wood burlwood

Old 11-08-2001, 11:26 PM
As an Expy owner that has serioulsy considered a SD or Excursion with a PS, you're Expy should pass a PS SD although, for a big truck and a diesel, they run pretty dang good. However, he's got a lot of weight on you too. But repeat that "diesel and weight vs. gas a less weight". I'm sure it was fun though. Now tie up back to back and see who pulls who!

Old 11-15-2001, 05:11 PM
Hey Familyride
Thanks for feedback.

I am not crazy. I am not getting into a towing contest
with f250sd.

However once I get my SUPERCHARGER then I would be
up to the challenge.
I am pretty sure I would have a very good chance.lol

MAGNACHARGER I CAN'T WAIT

Old 11-17-2001, 05:22 PM
Well I had to chime in as an owner of both a F-250 Super Duty 4x4 Power Stroke Diesle and an 5.4 Liter 4x4 Expy. My Expy would have no problems walking away from my powerstroke when I purchased it off the floor. A diesle wasnt built for speed, it was built to pull your house down and take the rest of the block with it. it has a noticeable delay when the accelerator is pushed. However, after adding a hypertech progammer, banks exhaust system and a K&N filter. 425 HP and 800 pounds of torque later my Expy wonders what the hell just shot past it and ripped the paint off as it went by.

Quick Reply: EXPY vs F250