Expedition / Navigator

Buy a remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buy a remote starter

I want to add a remote starter to my X, but I don't know what to get. I can get a Bulldog self install at disburitor pricing and want to know if it's worth $50-$60.
One model has door lock/unlock one does not. Since I have the EB with memory seats I don't think the starter fob would "remember" which setting to use. I also don't know what would be done with the PATS security, diabaled permanetly, or just during remote startup.

Any suggestions? Or other models/pricing

Old 11-09-2001, 10:31 AM
I have remote start on my Expy and the PATS system is still working. The alarm uses a programmable module (just like the key) thats installed inline and the computer thinks that a key is installed. I have the Audiovox APS-785 remote start with locks.

Pat

Old 11-09-2001, 03:02 PM
DEI, makes a nice one that you program like adding another key and it will only work when remote starting. The dealers like that one too, rather then taking the key apart or taping a key to a module etc.....

Old 11-10-2001, 02:27 AM
Still indecisive...

I'm only leaning toward the Bulldog because of price, ~$50 and then have to self install it. but if it works, it works right?

But for some laughs read this article:

http://www.reviewboard.com/Section/Vehicles/vroom

Then ask why any idiot that is color blind think her could self install a remote starter!

Quick Reply: Buy a remote starter