Expedition / Navigator

More on Tires and Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More on Tires and Wheels

Time to put new wheels and tires on the X. the wheels will be Eagle Alloy 212. The tires that we want to choose from are the Yoko AVS/ST, Nitto Extreame or the Toyo Proxie ST in as close to the 285/55/18 as we can get. I have been told that the Yokos have had cupping problems. I also plan on dropping the X 2".

Any suggestions?

Old 11-27-2001, 09:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

I had the AVS/ST's until three or four days ago, save your money!! I loved them at first, the handling was amazing. About ten or fifteen thousand miles later, they began to start cupping(and sounding like superswampers) I kept them rotated and balanced like I was supposed to, and they just kept getting worse, even changed my shocks at the same time I got them. I would not recommend them to anyone, in fact I tell nearly everyone I talk tires with to avoid them like the plague Of course this is just my opinion of the AVS's
Wahwahwahwahwahwahwah, LMAO Read that as fast as you can and you'll begin to understand what they sound like, hehehe My neighbor told me he knew when I was coming up the street.,,,,,98

Old 11-27-2001, 09:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shoot! Forgot to include this,,,,,98

Old 11-28-2001, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same problem with the Yokos only mine got real noisy at about 10K miles. Cupping too. Switched to Michelin Pilots = excellent tire. Also lowered with Eibach progressive springs. : )

Quick Reply: More on Tires and Wheels