Expedition / Navigator

AntiSway bars: Which One???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AntiSway bars: Which One???

Ok, yet another questin regarding these... I'm looking to get the most "bang for the buck", but there seems to be many options. I know a few (like FamilyRide) have the Hellwig rear bar and Energy Suspension's polyurethane bushings up front. I've also seen a Hotchkis set for around $500 or so, and that comes with front and rear bar replacements (not too sure if they are polyurethane).

It seems that the Hellwig/Energy Suspension combo is less costly (like half the price) than the Hotchkis setup, so I'm wondering if Hotchkis is worth the extra $$$. Any thoughts/comments from people whe have these setups on their trucks and what made them choose one over the other?

My ride is a 2000 Expedition with 4WD (I know there are different kits for the 2WD and the 4WDs).

Thanks!

Old 12-04-2001, 11:15 PM
I'm sure someone will chime in but I've heard that replacing both makes a big difference. I could imagine what a better front bar might do. Someone once posted about installed matching set of bars for the best result and I'd have to say it sounds logical.

Oh, and yes, I do beleive the Hotchkis come with poly bushings as well. I couldn't imagine it not.

Old 12-05-2001, 10:26 PM
Thanks Familyride!

Yeah, I want to do something about the lean/sway situation, I just don't know whether the price of the Hotchkis kit is worth it.

I've just put a set of BFG AllTerrain TKO's on order (265/70R17's). I loved how secure and sure-footed my pathfinder felt with them (compared to all-season tires), and have heard nothing but praise from other owners on this site.

BTW, love the boat! I was shocked how that thing just dwarfs your truck in relative size!

Old 12-06-2001, 10:08 AM
sway bars

The Hotchkis comes with all Poly bushings. Not sure if they are in the same league as Energy quality, but seem pretty good.
And yes, replacing both makes a huge diff. The factory OEM
parts seems like a toy in camparison of weight and thickness.

Rich

Quick Reply: AntiSway bars: Which One???