Expedition / Navigator

Looking to drop my Air Suspended Expedition

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Looking to drop my Air Suspended Expedition

Hey, This is my first time posting over here it looks like a great site. I got a 1998 5.4L EB Expedition a couple month's ago (My first truck) that I was looking to drop. I was wondering if anyone made an adjustable kit that could drop the truck a few inches and raise it back to stock height. The reason I want it adjustable is because this is my winter car so if it snow's I want a few inches of ground clearence. I've found that driving a Cobra that is 3 inches off the ground in the snow doesn't work to well.

My car has the air suspension and from what I have read from doing a search on this site is that there isn't much you can do for Expedition's with air suspension. Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

I also wanted to see how a 2, 3 and 4 inch drop looked. So if you got pictures of dropped Expeditions send me an e-mail or post them here. Thanks once again.

Last edited by Mojado; 12-09-2001 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the site!

I'm not sure if ytou'll get as much as you need but if you have 4 wheel LLS you can adjust the level. In the rear about the middle of the rear diff. you'll see the height sensor and you can adjust it there. Looking at mine I could adjust it about 2 inches either way.

As for the front, I've got a 2 wheel drive so no front air for me. I'm sure someone will pipe in.

I think in the long run, you'll end up witha lowering kit of some sort.

Old 12-10-2001, 11:04 AM
Where is the sensor located? and how do I go about adjusting it?

-Jason

Old 12-20-2001, 07:54 PM
For lowering all four wheels, 2 or 3 inches, belltech makes kits that include new front springs, new shocks, and brackets for the rear air bags to lower the car (position of the airbags is raised) while maintaining full suspension traval. Eibach makes front lowering springs in 1.5 and 3 inch flavors, and leaves the rear end for you to figure out. as has been said, that's done with the airbag height adjuster.

Old 12-23-2001, 12:20 PM
ok mines 4wd so is there a sensor in the front too?

Old 12-26-2001, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mojado
[B]Where is the sensor located? and how do I go about adjusting it?

ttt

Quick Reply: Looking to drop my Air Suspended Expedition