Expedition / Navigator

Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signals

Ok so heres the deal. drivin my mom's expy the other night and i turn on my signal with the wheel straight. it starts ticking really really fast and the light isnt flashing on the console so when i turn the whell a little it's fine. this happened to my dad too only it was ticking very very slowly and no light. has this happened to anyone else? and if so is there something i can do to fix it?? THANK YOU!!

Old 12-21-2001, 09:54 PM
The turn signal wand in these things is a little picky. If the wheel is turned slightly it won't engage either. If you don't get it "selected" completly it will also do funky stuff. Mines only done something similar to what you're describing one time though.

Old 12-21-2001, 09:58 PM
hmm ok. that is the one thing i DO NOT LIKE about the expy. reminds me of the turn signal column in the car i drove in driver's ed. everytime i turned it on it would either turn back (and i would get yelled at) or the windshield wipers would turn on! thanks for the help

Old 01-01-2002, 12:35 AM
I had my blinker stalk replace under the recall, after that my blinker wouldn't work when the tilt of the steering was all the way down, which I always do when I drive. But when the steering wheel is up it's fine. Took it back to the dealer and they fixed it. Months later, once in a while my left turn signal would blink fast. But finally I picked up the steering wheel again and it would never do it. Back to the dealer and they ordered a revised connector to the blinker stalk. Everything OK now.

Old 01-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Both's my ford's (Cobra and Expedition) do that. The weird thing is it only does it in extremely cold weather. Maybe it's just coincidence. *shrug*

Check this link out It might help out.
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23233

Old 01-01-2002, 04:03 PM
the cold weather may be the case because it was working fine this summer. thanks for the link

Old 01-03-2002, 12:02 AM
no problem

i have not had any trouble with mine.

which there again i hardly ever use my blinker.
if i want to get over or turn i just do it.
people move for me.

this however can lead to further damage of vehicle.
point being:
someone got pissed at me one day, all i had was an hour class, and when i got out i noticed someone had just about torn the passenger side running board off.

i need to get it fixed but between college and working for my dad i have had no time.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals