Expedition / Navigator

Doh!...Got Stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Doh!...Got Stuck.

I was a bit stupid yesterday and got myself stuck in the mud yesterday afternoon. Went down to where they built the new Tire Rack in my town and decided to do some driving in the open fields behind there. Was going pretty good, the ground was pretty hard from the cold and had about 1-2 inches of snow covering it. All of the sudden I found a mud puddle that was covered in a thin layer of ice and snow. I had not carried enough speed to get through it, and soon I was up to my differential in the sloppy stuff. Tried wedging some boards I found at a construction site under my tires, but I didn't have a shovel and I was in my work clothes so that did go well. A beaten man, I called a local towing company and they sent out a wrecker to tow me out. Luckily he had long cables since he had to park a ways away from me. It was a bad angle and he pulled me more sideways than back. After I had moved about 5 feet to the side and 2 foot back we thought we would have to get to it at a different angle. I went ahead and tried to back out and to my supprise I made it out of the muck. A little lighter in the wallet and embarassed, I drove home. Looking back I was pretty sprised how well it had done. As deep as I was burried I couldn't complain that my truck let me down. Guess this will get into my head the importance of nowing what you are getting into. I had thought the cold would have frozen any mud and didn't expect this to happen. Oh well, you live and learn.

Old 01-04-2002, 12:35 AM
thats why you dont mud in an expedition.
ive been in the mud in my navigator but thats just to go to filed parties and there are always plenty of 4x4's waiting to pull you out incase this happens.

it always does suck getting stuck though.

Old 01-04-2002, 11:03 AM
What difference does it make that it is an Expedition. It is pretty much the same as an F150 other than some more weight. Trust me, I think anyone without a good lift and bigger tires would have got stuck where I was at.

Old 01-04-2002, 05:28 PM
that is not what i meant.
i meant that it just doesnt look right taking an expedition off road.
most people do it in the biggest POS they can get their hands on because of the risk of damage to components.

my brother got a brand new Z71 for his 16th birthday and he took it off road 3 days straight and mud and water got up in his brake lines and it cost my parents over $1800 to fix it.they had to replace all the brake lines and the MC.

i just dont want to take the risk.but its your truck. you have the right to do what you want.

Old 01-04-2002, 06:39 PM
Steven, I take it you are rich or you have a big a$$ loan/s?

Old 01-05-2002, 12:09 AM
i just consider myself really lucky and fortunate.

Quick Reply: Doh!...Got Stuck.