Expedition / Navigator

2003 Expedition pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont like it much, especially the interior. Im with Dennis the round AC vents are ugly. Maybe once I see one in person it will grow on me but thus far Im more inclined towards the older body style.

Old 01-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Ford ruined the EXPY with all that plastic bumper molding.
Too much like an Escape/Explorer.
The only thing I do like about the 2003 Expy is there headlights.

Do you guys think the 2003 headlights would fit a 99 Expy ?

Old 01-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Definately a big exploder. Iam definately not buying one. Iam ashamed Ford had to mess up the 97-02 design which was much better then the new one.

Old 01-11-2002, 12:04 AM
You need to go to the site listed in the first post and look at ALL of the pics (click through till you get to the 2001 Expy pics).
While doing so, here are some things to think about while looking:
1. the pockets on the sides of the front center console are gone.
2. the cup holders in the dash are gone (you need those suckers on a long road trip when you have a family of 5)
3. the new DVD in the overhead console is nice, but the thicker unit up top makes the dropped down screen drop lower into the drivers view out the rear via the rear view mirror.
4. with the new DVD player on the roof, the driver will have to load the DVDs blindly while reaching back over the head (I won't let my kids touch the DVDs at 25.00 each...that plus my wife and I currently change the VHS tapes in the front console now, to keep the kids from fighting on the road.)
5. the stow away jack location is nice, but if you have the rear packed out on a road trip...congratulations, you just got to unpack the back to get to the jack.

What are the buttons on the right rear interior panel (inside the back door)

I do however like the 03 Navi though. It has needed larger headlights for a long time.

Looks like I am going to drive my 01 EB and 02 XLT till they die.

Greg

Old 01-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Oh yeah, when you click through all the pictures, be sure to notice that there are now 8 buttons on the steering wheel, 4 per side and some of which toggle to + and - (volume, etc.)
The cruise controls are one thing, but the rest needs to go away.
I had one of those Pontaic GranPrix's with all the buttons on the middle of the steering wheel and all it did is contribute to the higher cost of getting the airbag replaced, and additional conntection points to short out in the electrical system.

Heaven forbid we actually be able to hold the wheel and drive.

Greg

Old 01-11-2002, 10:10 AM
5.4 Horsepower

Nice looking truck. Anybody know what the horsepower figures are with the improved 5.4?

Old 01-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by G.Andrews
Oh yeah, when you click through all the pictures, be sure to notice that there are now 8 buttons on the steering wheel, 4 per side and some of which toggle to + and - (volume, etc.)
The cruise controls are one thing, but the rest needs to go away.
I had one of those Pontaic GranPrix's with all the buttons on the middle of the steering wheel and all it did is contribute to the higher cost of getting the airbag replaced, and additional conntection points to short out in the electrical system.

Heaven forbid we actually be able to hold the wheel and drive.

Greg
Actually, the ability to control the radio, a/c, and cruise control from the steering wheel is much more than a convenience. I wish my SuperCrew had them. It would make adjusting the radio and a/c a whole lot safer to do while underway.

Old 01-16-2002, 11:20 AM
I agree. The steering controls are great. Had them on a towncar once. BTW the rocker switch on the back is for the rear seat. It slides and lies flat. It sounds like Mr. G. Andrews made up his mind at the first picture. As for the interior desing I do think it could have been made a little "softer". Otherwise it looks good.

Quick Reply: 2003 Expedition pictures!!