Expedition / Navigator

I need your help with an Exy question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"as far as the front goes it did come with the top painted piece but 2 days after i painted the lower piece someone hit me at school in the parking lot and left and i was not going to turn it in on my insurance. "

Your stories aren't very consistent on this forum, and it's hard to take you seriously because of that. You made the above statement in a previous thread and in the thread above you say it was a school garbage truck. Let's keep things a little more honest and you will get more respect.

Old 01-24-2002, 09:57 PM
well all i can say is that is the full story.

i mean technically someone did hit me and leave.
the truck was not there after it happened. they kept going. someone in a red dodge pickup saw it happen and and they are the ones that got the school police over there.
they told me in a parking lot you must pay for your own damage. so i was basically screwed.

he also said since it was such a big truck he probably didnt even know he hit me so there was nothing that could be done.

im not worried about getting respect around here or worried about what people think.i dont get on these threads to brag about what i have.
i just get on here to talk to others who share the same interest as I.

i can understand your point though. i took it into the dealer the other day to get a "checkup done" (nothing wrong by the way)
and they wrote it up as a 99 and i told him, Joe Moore, was his name that it was a 2000 and he said that the 2000's had different running boards but that was all he noted.

i told him the story too and he just handed me a ticket and i went and ate donuts and watched tv in the waiting room.

anyway, back to the true topic here.

what are you going to do about your expy. let us know what you find out.

Old 01-25-2002, 12:43 PM
The Lemon Law is a great idea in principle, but lacks for an end result. Let me explain.

In Texas (may be different in other states) you have to pass one of three tests.
1) In 24k miles or 2 years, you must have 4 occurances of the same issue and it still not be repaired now (like my horns for example).

2) In 24k miles or 2 years, you must have 2 occurances of the same issue that is safety related (ie my horns not working, and the vehicle accelerating on its own). I am not sure if the problem still has to exist or not.

3) In 24k miles, or 2 years the vehicle has to be in the shop for 30 days or more. (when they installed the new tranny, it was there 30 days! It has spent the night on many other occasions).

So, in my instance I meet all 3 (and you only have to meet 1)! Well great it meets the requirments, so I have a Lemon and I should get a new truck right? Well, not exactly.

If your vehicle is declaired a Lemon, FORD is required to purchase the veh. back at ACV (Actual Cash Value), not the loan/lease value. I did a 4 year lease on my truck. Not the red carpet / ballon payment lease, but a real deal (vehicle is in the leinholders name) lease. Business purposes. Anyway, with all the fees and intrest etc that has to be paid on the vehicle, I am in the hole about $14k!

I have talked to the dealership and they are trying to work with me, but they have this BS formula worked up that will get me into a new truck, the lease will stay the same (same end date, same payment, etc.), but I will have to pay about $6 g's. I am in the process of buying my first house right now and have already allocated my cash.

In the odd ball formula that they have provided to me, they are saying that I have to pay for all of my miles up to the first issue, and then 1/2 of all the miles up to now. They are saying that the per mile charge is $.40! That is BS. On my lease (which I know this is 2 different issues), they have already set the precident that milage is charged at .$15.

As well, I would not even be in this issue if ford had not decided to build my truck right after the annual ford family picnic (where I am assuming lots of drinks were had)!

So, the Lemon Law does some good things, but does not get you a new vehicle because you have a POS. I was supprised to learn this myself. Hell, maybe I will just get a bus pass and not deal with this crap anymore!

Thanks for the insight guys. I will keep you all posted.

Boxter

Old 01-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Boxter,

Depending on how old the truck is etc. you could raise the option of a substitution of colateral. That's usually done in the case of an almost new vehicle destroyed. It's possible for a lien holder to agree to do the same with a preowned vehicle if they feel they are going to be in a better position of equity. It's tricky though because someone still has to burdon the cost of the "swap" so to speak.

But unfortunatly, you're right. The protection of a Lemon Law is in the vehicle not in the financing. Those 2 are all too often assumed one in the same.

Old 02-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Well, I have finally gotten some where with this issue (well kinda).
Ok, so I have been looking at the Lemon Law to see if I could get a new truck. In my state, you have to pass one of three tests to qualify. I passed all three tests. However, after doing alot of research I learned that just because I have a Lemon, I cannot get a new truck and be done with it.

First of all, Ford, only has to pay the ACV (Actual Cash Value) of the truck. I did a lease, and with all the fees, interest, etc. I would have to pay like $13,000 to get out. Ford was willing to do an equity swap (swap my truck for a new one). No change in monthly payment, same lease term, and lease does not start over. However, Ford cannot lose money on the deal, and since this is a new vehicle going out, hell, way not try and make some money on it. So I was told that due to the miles now, and the miles I used the vehicle prior to anything going on, difference in MSRP, yadda, yadda, yadda, I would have to pay $5,900! And that included a discount from Ford (nice guys they are).

Well, I am to close on a new house in a week and this being the first house, I do not have piles of money lying around.

I have been fighting this for 6 months now. I have seen every stall technique in the book used. But there is a happy ending to this story.

I finally called the guy at Ford and stated that I was tired of dinking around. This had gone on too long and it was only going to get worse as I had all the paperwork ready to go to make a claim with the state. And I would have to have all parties from the dealership there, and there was grounds that the $.40 per mile they were trying to stick me with was too high, I should not have to pay the difference in invoice because you sold me a lemon, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

So, as it stands now, I am going to get a 5 yr, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (no deductible), as well as a TV and VCR installed in the truck. As well they are going to pick up for any req maintenance that needs to be done up to this point. And of course the wash and vac.

I am not sure why, but the truck accelerating on its own has stopped. It had done it a couple of times since last repair, but since Ford was not able to recreate when I took it in, nothing was done. But I have gone about 3 months with nothing. As for the horns, I am not sure what the issue is with that, but it is livable.

Sure I might have been able to fight my way through and got a new truck, but at what expense? After looking at it, it was just too much. As well, after 3 years, the truck in not mine anymore, and someone else can mess with the headach!

So here ends the saga of my lemon truck. Now it is my truck that I can watch DVDs in (with a little modification).

Boxter

Old 04-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Hello Boxter,

Are you still dealing with this truck????? I know it has been a while, but your post came up on a search I did. I think the dealer gave you the run arond BIG time. You should have been taken care of by Ford, not the dealer. I am sure they are OUT of business by now anyway. Please post to let us know.

Quick Reply: I need your help with an Exy question.