Expedition / Navigator

Lightning or Harley Front End on Expy

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lightning or Harley Front End on Expy

I need some advice from people that have done this modification or are thinking about it.

I have a '99 EB that was recently hit in the front bumper. I need a new bumper, valance and top pad along with some body work on the driver's side front fender. This was all thanks to someone in a parking lot (you guessed it - no name left). The estimate is for $1,500. I was thinking of changing the front end with either a Lightning Bumper cover or replacing the stock valance with the Harley valance. Anyone have any comments - good or bad. I am looking at the Lightning kit that is sold thru www.karkraft.com. Check it out.

If I go thru with this modification, I will also be painting the beige wheel lip and door moldings white, to match the body color of the truck.

What do people think?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 01-23-2002, 03:47 PM
expy front end

sorry about the accident, but no better time to replace the grille and valance. i like the harley one. why not get you some harley 20s also. wish i could afford some! just remeber that you need the grille surround as well if you go the harley route.

Old 01-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Expy02 -

I was under the impression that the Harley valance was a simple replacement for the stock valance under the chrome bumper. Atleast that is what it says in the www.karkraft.com web site. I already have a Stull Billet Grill on my Expy and I like it alot. Let me know if I have been misinformed.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 01-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Prostartjh,

Personally, I live the look of the Lightning front end. I did it to my Expy and I think it looks pretty good. You can see the results: http://community.webshots.com/user/ucladoc

There are a lot of parts involved since your bumper is no good any more. But the results are well worth the investment. On the other hand, I have never seen the Harley front valence on an Expy. Maybe you could get the Harley valence, then the Harley rims, and pinstripping. That may look great too. Whatever you decide on, it will improve the look. Please post some pics when it is done.

Robert

Old 01-23-2002, 05:16 PM
drcarrillo -

Thanks for your thoughts. I too like the look of the Lightning front end better than that of the Harley. After looking thru your scrapbook, did you paint the EB fender and door moldings while they were on the truck or did you take them off. If you took them off, how did you do it without breaking them?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 01-24-2002, 04:13 PM
drcarrillo -

When you installed your Lightning front end, did you have to remove the factory tow hooks (assuming you had them)?

Thanks,

Tom

Quick Reply: Lightning or Harley Front End on Expy