Expedition / Navigator

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another vote for the Gibson SS. If your going to stay on the stock side of life then I vote for this.

Now if your going heavy modded, then I vote for Flats setup with the Magnaflow setup. I am presently getting the parts for this. I'm going to remove the tow hitch and spare to make it fit. If I get a flat, oh well. She still would look good under tow.

Old 02-09-2002, 02:48 PM
On my Mustnag I had Dynomax...and thought it could be better. I had no major complaints with it. I think that I'll be going with the Gibson on the Expedition. I'll have it pretty much stock for a while at least. Thanks, for all the replies...

Old 02-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Smile

I got a Gibson side swept dual tip. I got it in stainless but it is available in galvi also. I think I paid around $500 for it. It is noticably louder inside but not obtrusive. My dealer said the dual would be louder than the single. It has a nice sound and am glad I did it. I hope it doesn't get louder with time. Only has about 300 miles!!

Old 02-12-2002, 10:34 PM
mike.qu

That's the Dual Sport. According to Gibson, it's about 4-5 db louder that stock (Swept Side it 2-3 db louder).

My Swept Side did get louder after 2000-3000 miles it seems like. I'm sure the muffler is the same but has the dual tail pipes.

I would say expect it to get louder but in my opinion, I'd say it's just "matured".

Old 02-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Maturing...

Well put, Ride!

Mike.qu-
Your Gibson SweptSide will defintiely get a little "stronger" in sound as time goes on. Since you drive it every day, you'll notice subtle changes as you rack up the miles on it. I still love this exhaust.

Old 02-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Question does anyone have this one?

Has anyone out there bought this cat-back system? It states a higher HP gain than other cat-back systems for around the same price. from truckperformance.com

>>>>>>>>>
JBA T304 Brushed Stainless Steel Cat-Back Performance Exhaust Systems With Polished Chrome Tip(s)

JBA Cat-Back Performance Exhaust Systems are designed from 3inch 100percent T304 Brushed Stainless Steel Tubing and are mandrel bent for maximum air flow. Each kit includes 3inch Stainless Steel Tubing, Stainless Steel Muffler, Mounting Brackets, and a 3 1/2inch Polished Chrome Tip embossed with the famous K&N Logo. All JBA Exhaust Systems are easy to install.

Dyno Tested for Accurate and Proven Horsepower Results!

High Quality T304 Stainless Steel!

Million Mile Limited Warranty!

HP & Torque: 22 HP/ 30 ft lbs Torque
Tech Notes: 50 States Smog Legal
Your Low Price: $489.30

Old 03-11-2002, 03:03 PM
I too like the Billy Boat and Borla cat-back

BB wont sell me just the muffler....Borla will.
I already went w/ 3in. piping, just want the muffler now.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question