Expedition / Navigator

New owner question on pet barriers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner question on pet barriers

Hi everyone,

I purchased my navi a couple months ago and love it! I'm searching for a pet barrier for the back and haven't had much success finding one that fits and doesn't rattle. Any ideas?

Has anyone purchased the OEM barrier, any pix?

Thanks

Jeff

Old 02-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Jeff,

The OEM one is in the 2002 Expedition accessory catalog and shows a list price of $215.13. There is a fairly good picture of it as well. A neat little cargo area divider is available as well for another $99.36 list price.

Which ever one you go with be wary of the "universal" fit that presses against your roof. Those can ruin a headliner in a hurry. Look for one that goes into the window well like the OEM and you will avoid that hassle.

I am shopping prices on the OEM now and will let you know the best price I find on it.... E-Bay hasn't had one for awhile unfortunately...

Old 02-08-2002, 08:01 AM
i have the oem pet barrier in my expy, and it doesn't rattle. thats even when my 10" jl sub is rocking away. i dont know much about navigators, but the only problem i had was that i have second row captains chairs, and the barrier is made for bench seat. also, even the oem one is going to push slightly against your headliner, thats a price you have to pay, but thats better than dogs running all over your leather, huh???

Old 02-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks for your help! I kinda figured it was made for a bench seat. I'll problably fabricate something to block the opening.

Jeff

Old 02-08-2002, 11:41 PM
I tried a couple of the Universal fit barriers and wasn't happy with them. They pushed way too hard on the headliner when tightly secured, and I thought they could deform the rear air vents up there.

I finally went with the Pet Net by Hatchbag.com. I am really happy with it. It has a pretty unique attachment system. There are 3- 1" adhesive squares that you stick to the molding in the cargo area. Then you push these round "locking" discs with a cord attached onto the squares. The cord is put through the mounting holes on the net and a barrel lock goes on the end, holding the cord. I have 3-80 lb. labs, and the net hasn't come off yet, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Old 02-11-2002, 03:26 PM
Now if there was something for the curtain climbers......

Old 02-12-2002, 05:47 PM
Expy02,

Do you happen to have pix of your installation? I went to pick up mine today and it didn't look like the one in the book. It appears to have a shelf and a piece that fits below. I had to have the dealer return it to Ford because it was missing the mounting hardware.

If you have pix, that would be great!

Jeff

Quick Reply: New owner question on pet barriers