Expedition / Navigator

Black out or white letters out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's how I saw it, once I changed to black out. There was something missing between the outer edge of the tire and the rim, A lot of blackness. I thought it was just me getting use to the black out but you hit it on the head. But like jimmsimm said it's matter of prefernce. Though Some colors look better than others with lettering out.

Old 02-23-2002, 11:56 PM
White letters-How do you cover them?

Okay, If I choose to put the white letters facing "IN" on my new tires, how do I remove/cover the white lettering so it doesn't show?

Tim
98 Expy

Old 02-24-2002, 07:54 AM
when I had the Duelers put on, I had two tire guys each hold up a tire over the area (while on hoist). They both showed black sidewall and then white lettered sidewall. I had these poor guys do this several times before I decided that the white side out didnt look as nice on a bright red regular cab short box p/u.

I suggest doing this on your so you yourself can see the difference on your own ride.

As far as the white letters inside, I dont think you can do anything about it unless you are willing to break out a can of black spray paint and go to town.

Old 02-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Re: White letters-How do you cover them?

Originally posted by Silas
Okay, If I choose to put the white letters facing "IN" on my new tires, how do I remove/cover the white lettering so it doesn't show?

Tim
98 Expy
Most of the tire places have this black stuff they can paint on to cover the white. You should be able to find something suitable in a well stocked auto supply store.

Old 02-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Question

I have had many vehicles with white letters in and have never noticed them, or been anoyed by them on the inside. I think you would have to be looking for it to notice, but then again . . we are ALWAYS looking at our Expys eh ?

Old 02-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Looking at our Expy's

Yes, we are always looking...just a minute...yup, it's till in the driveway!!!
I have noticed new tires with the whites in, but in time I'm sure they darken down and are not noticable. Heck, my white letters darken down 10 minutes after I scrub them and then drive!

Tim

Old 02-25-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by GBlakeney
I have had many vehicles with white letters in and have never noticed them, or been anoyed by them on the inside. I think you would have to be looking for it to notice, but then again . . we are ALWAYS looking at our Expys eh ?
I always notice things that are out of place or different. It can be a curse.

Old 02-25-2002, 12:11 AM
white letters i have white letter wrangler TD's on my red step-side and they look good

Old 02-25-2002, 01:35 PM
remember too that not all tires are bi-directional , especialy some high performance tires . as for seeing the white letteres on the inside , I notice ... but I work for Michelin so I am supposed to notice things like that !

Quick Reply: Black out or white letters out?