Expedition / Navigator

Family Ride... Head lights..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Ride... Head lights..

What are the wattage of the bulbs you are running? I put some of the 80/100 watt bulbs and people say it will burn my wires up. I bought some others today to replace the new ones I bought. I will have so many bulbs I will not know what to do with them all..

First ones I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=601710502

Set that is one the way... These are the Plasma ones but they did not have them and they are sending me the newer models the Fusion ones....

http://www.aieonline.com/106/1562.htm?290

Old 02-11-2002, 10:01 PM
I keep saying that i have Eurolite's but in the Expy headlights I have another brand I can't remember. Not really any difference that I can see but they are 80/100's. I could tell any difference in heat at all! I tested both in and they were the same. I've got Eurolites in the driving lights and believe it or not, 3 sets in all of the lights in the Volvo.

I'm not crazy about the slight, really slight bluish tint but I haven't seen anything else yet that are brigher and whiter. Although I hear about a lot of new ones out now.

Old 02-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Maybe I will try these 80/100 for a bit. I guess they have not burned up your wires!! You done any long drives at night?

Old 02-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Lights

I am not sure on the Exy, but I have been through this whole thin before. In my last car I did not have the HID's. But wanted the look. I went out and got a set of 80/100 for my car when the "cheater bulbs" first came out. The only issue I had with them is that they burned out too fast (like every 2-3 months).

I tried dropping down in wattage, but did no good. Just less bright. I finally went with a set of PIAA 80/100. They worked great. I ran them solid for 2 years. Replaced one of them, and had no issues with my wires. And yes, I took MANY a long night drives in that car.

Go with the 80/100. Brighter and can see better IMO.

Old 02-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Yes, I've had them on for hours for example driving between here and Houston. I've had them all in for almost a year and I haven't had to replace any of them.

Quick Reply: Family Ride... Head lights..