Expedition / Navigator

2 Questions: Leather care/repair & leaving A/C off is bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Questions: Leather care/repair & leaving A/C off is bad?

I just bought a 1998 Expedition with leather seats, it appears there has been some slight repair made to the drivers side seat but there is now some discoloration and the repair doesn't look all that good. Are there any products out there that do a "fantastic" job of cleaning up trouble spots on leather?

Also, they didn't have a '98 manual for me, so they gave me a '99. It says in the manual that you shouldn't leave the AC controls in the off position for normal use. It recommends leaving it on panel so the car can breathe. ???!!! Has anyone ever heard of detrimental issues from leaving the vent/ac control on off most of the time? I live in SoCal, so climate isn't really a big issue with regards to condensation.

Old 03-01-2002, 01:10 AM
I keep my ac on one of the settings but max or off. I just started because some people said your car can breathe better. In my case, I started smelling some type of oder, I then spayed some lysol in the intake, and changed the settings and everything smells better. One guy said, just keep it in the setting that applies for the condition you are in at the moment.

dont know about the leather issue, sorry

Old 03-01-2002, 07:51 AM
go to www.zainobros.com ... not cheap but the best stuff out there for car care... Their leather stuff has kept my seats looking brand new

Quick Reply: 2 Questions: Leather care/repair & leaving A/C off is bad?