Expedition / Navigator

Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Keyless Entry

I've been bumping around Ebay looking at everything you can pick up for the Expy. I have seen that there are a ton of people selling the remote keyless entry. They say that they are easy to program. I already have an extra one, and am trying to find out how to program it. Does anyone have any info on how to program the remote keyless entrys?

Old 03-02-2002, 10:14 AM
I dunno about you, but if its a 2001, there are instructions in my owners manual.
Any of the dealerships around here will also do it for you.
Tomball Ford on 249 did my 3rd one for me, but they also did a 3rd key. Both for free, but within about 6 weeks of buying the car.

Old 03-02-2002, 10:19 AM
The other thing is did your ride come with keyless entry? (I do not know if they are standard on all Expys)
My guess is that if it did not come with it, that you are missing the receiver part, therefore the remote probably would not do you any good.
Dunno, just a thought while sitting here on a cold, rainy Sat AM that I cannot wash my rides again!

Old 03-02-2002, 10:38 AM
G.Andrews

You ought to be in Dallas. It's about 18 degrees right now and the snow/ice mix is tapering off. To make it worse, the wind is at about 18-20 MPH with gust to over 30!

We were on the lake last weekend!

Old 03-02-2002, 10:57 AM
Yeah Ride, I grew up in Hurst.
My parents still live up there, and mom called this morning at 7.30 (woke the whole house up) and said "we are having weather!"
I know how easy the whole world ices over up there, so keep the ride in the garage and dent free!
G

Quick Reply: Remote Keyless Entry