Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Load Leveling

HOW DO I TEST THE LOAD LEVELING TO MAKE SURE IT
WORKS RIGHT? '99 EB EXPY 4X2

Old 04-07-2002, 07:57 AM
drive for about 10 minutes & then park on level ground & measure "ride height" (just measure from the ground to top of wheel well), have a few friends (heavier the better) pile in the back (and sit still) , turn the key to the on position (without starting motor) listen for the pump, when the pump is done running measure again. Your second measurements should be close to the first.

Old 04-07-2002, 12:26 PM
or just put a bunch of heavy stuff in the back.

Old 04-07-2002, 02:07 PM
It should be pretty obvious in most cases. When you pulls up and park, once you shut it down and get out, when you close the door it should lower. Mines makes a faint sound witha little sound like a very soft crackle. When you get in a start her up, you should here the pump and in mine, I can look in the side mirrors and find a point to focus on and notice it raising.

Since this came up, has anyone noticed with the rear LLS the rear end sounds when you say, go over a speed bump? Does your's sound like it's thumping a big ball? Remember those big ***** with the handle built in as a kid that you'd bounce on? The rear end sounds like you're thumping that thing. I've also got a solid "rattle" type sound when it's below about 60-65 degrees. I think it's the upper or lower arms on the drivers side, but when it's worm out, it's quiet as can be. Anyone notice this with theirs?

Old 04-08-2002, 08:24 AM
FamilyRide, I have not noticed anything other then what I think are "normal" noises coming from my LLS. I have, on occasion heard the system run the pump or release air (crakle) when driving but never any loud thumps of any kind.

BTW, great list of mod's, I could send it to all my family and friends for my Christmas Wish List, LOL.

Petrol

Quick Reply: Load Leveling