Expedition / Navigator

Cruise Control Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Control Failure

A little more help (geez its been a crappy weekend)

How about a little help with the cruise control. I just replaced my tires with something a bit larger. It changed my MPH on the speedo by +2mph. Which is to say, the truck is going 2mph faster than the speedo says. How do I know? GPS tells me. Was accurate before, not it is not.

So, would this cause my cruise control to fail? Or, do I have other things to attend to?

Thanks for the help

no signature till she (the truck) is working right

Old 04-08-2002, 11:53 AM
I can't see the speedo error affecting the cruise. When I take out my superchip, my speedo is off by 15% because of my gear swap and the cruise still works.

Ian

Old 04-08-2002, 04:10 PM
(I may be way off here, but maybe it will help). I had a simular problem with a late model BMW. The problem is that one of my vaccum lines had failed. Let me ask you this, before the change in tires, did you ever notice that your cruise would lose speed after awhile? (I.E would set at 55 and after awhile, would be at 50, or 45) Mine did this. I was able to find the line and replace it and all was good. Just a though.

Boxter

Old 04-08-2002, 04:14 PM
OK, I've had this same problem, or at least it was similar. I found a loose ground wire. It was on the firewall near the battery. The farthest one on the passenger side.

It made the Cruise Control not work and the windshield wipers only worked sometimes.

check it out.

Old 04-08-2002, 04:41 PM
cursin bout cruisin

Didnt ever fail before, or lose speed.

Will check the ground...

Changed out the fuses, worked for a bit, then failed again... Which is what pointed me at the tire change.

This is frustrating as all get out. Look at my other post, to see my other problem of the weekend. No b/u lights, no autolock, though the enable/disable function works (read manual!)

No signature till she works right

Old 04-09-2002, 11:16 AM
Solved!

With some help from my friendly neighbourhood Ford man, we determined it was the #5 fuse. Replaced and on my way.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas and help.

Datfiredog

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Failure