Expedition / Navigator

How many of you are really this stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't sweat it Steven1642

Hey man, don't worry about people "Hating" on you for being young with a nice ride. You get what you can pay for, and don't worry about what anybody thinks.

To each his/her own. I know it feels better to get something on your own rather than have someone give it to you, at least it does to me- but I won't knock anyone, plus you said you worked for it, so- 'nuff said.

Man, I wish I'd known you were willing to sell those Bofa's. I wanted those, or some KMC SS's on my Expy- But the best deal I could find was $575.00/wheel, the tires I wanted Nitto-305/50/20's were $350.00 each, needless to say I didn't want to pay $925.00 + tax/corner ($3,700 +). I would have jumped on $2,500. That's what I paid for my set, wheels & tires, chrome wheels, cast. I paid $2,200 for my wife's set (High-polish Centerlines, forged)

$2,500 for a set of Bofa's with tires is a steal. I wish I was still in the market. My cousin got a great deal on those KMC Stealth's you'll see below.

Gallery- https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=612

Baller-

Old 05-15-2002, 12:15 AM
Talking

You just don't get it do you. If you read most of your postings... you constantly point out how you are young and have nice rides. Well excuse a old fart like me for pointing this out. As for being jealous just check out the attachment. Now see who is green????
I could care less if you live at home mommy daddy and little sis and spend all your money on your "rides". But when you finally grow up you will find out there is more to life than trying to impress other people with your "rides". Because frankly..none gives a s#$t.

Old 05-15-2002, 09:14 AM
Steven,

None of us are happy to hear of what happened to your Navigator. Many (including me) were just excited with our muscle cars in the 60's and 70's and liked showing them off. Unfortunately the majority of owners here share lifes realities, responsibilties, and middle age. Your getting your first taste dealing with the insurance company.

Sounds like you're a young pup full of **** and vinegar with alot of ambition and choices. We just don't like having our noses rubbed in the dirt. It's the old "have vs. have nots". Work hard, enjoy life, but don't flaunt your toys or ego, it quickly loses someones respect.

BTW, Motor Trend this month did a "drive-off" of full size SUV's. The Escalade did pretty good. Gibson now has a cat back for it. Good Luck.

Old 05-15-2002, 06:28 PM
well all i am trying to figure out is if you dont give a $#$# then why do you keep bringing it up..

i will probably never see the low side of life you are talking about.
i am soon taking over a thriving business that i have been running and going into a transition of taking over for the past year now.

my grandparents are very well off and (i dont want them to) but when they do die i will assume many of their assets...

Bighersh: thanks for understading...
maybe i am wrong but it seems to me that people are pissed off because of what i drive..
i cannot help it that i work 12 hours a day from march 1st till september 1st, then just 40 hours a week september 1st till march 1st.
i am in a seasonal business that does very well during the summer...
i have great PR skills and i breezed through my first 2 semesters of business school....

i agree that i am very fortunate to have what i have and have family that i am able to work for. however i have friends that have jobs, work hard and drive nice cars...have their own places.. which i will hopefully by august....if i cant find a house i will get an apartment....

some people just like to live their dreams....
i have been wanting a Navigator since i first saw one and when i was finally able to afford one i got it.....
what is wrong with that..

s76drvr....
i understand your posts...
those are the kind of posts that dont **** me off..
it is 2 sided.. not you are right and i am wrong...
i do rub it in a little bit but it is because i am very proud of it because regardless of what anyone thinks i paid for it myself..
i buy my gas, pay my own insurance, and pay my own notes....

again if anyone disagrees try looking at both sides here...

sorry if i am pissing anyone off..

this whole thread started because of some funny things i read in the manual......

Old 05-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Hey guys lets stick to talking about Fords. Steven1642, I am not trying to take sides, but mabye do a little less posting and a little more listening. If you look at your other posts you'll see that the threads you start usually spiral downhill into character assainations on yourself. You are probably a nice person. Stick to the vehicles and ignore the replys that ask personal questions of you. Anyways I'm sorry if I made you upset. You have a nice truck and enjoy it. Who cares what anybody else thinks. Hey have a good evening.

Old 05-16-2002, 02:18 AM
Wink

Hey Steven1642! I do it just to **** you off. Seems to work just fine. Like it has been pointed out by many others....Maybe if you just stuck to talking about trucks........You wouldn't get baited by people like me. A word of advice. Bragging about getting handed a business by your family dosen't impress people. Starting one from scratch and building it up will. Working it into every posting is what the problem is. But you are young. As you point out constantly. You wont always be. When you mature a little more you will see why you have been such an easy target for harassment on this site. Best advice would be cool it on the personal information. It leaves you open.

Old 05-16-2002, 09:57 AM
im not bragging about anything..

i will leave you alone now though..
you must be a real cool guy if all
you like to do is going around pissing
off "young" people....

personal info:
(just a little bragging here)
i plan to run my grandparents business for about 5 years so i can save enough money to start up my own restaurant.....

maybe you should just quit reading my posts....
this is the Expedition/Navigator forum...

you are the only one that causes problems over here.
i have never had a problem with anyone else...

Old 05-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Let's not get into a flaming war here boys. Steven a little less flamboyancy will probably get you more respect. Let's keep this forum to discussing topics of interest for Expy and Navigator owners.

Old 05-17-2002, 03:05 AM
Thumbs down

"personal info:
(just a little bragging here)
i plan to run my grandparents business for about 5 years so i can save enough money to start up my own restaurant..... "
-Quote from Steven1642

I will leave you alone Stevie. You are obviously too cool.
Lets see.....You own a Navigator..work for your parents and grandparents....went to college for a few hours...and will be handed a business to run? Do any of your postings talk about trucks..I mean other than the fact you drive one?

All B.S. aside. If any of what you say is true. Take full advantage of the opportunity. They don't come along often. But I am going to suggest you turn the dial down on the ego. It usually is seen as a flaw. Not an attribute.

I will not post any more replies. Because I thoroughly believe you just aren't getting it.

Old 05-17-2002, 04:37 PM
that is all i was asking...
i just dont get it.. so thanks...

Old 05-18-2002, 06:55 PM
ask anyone who has ever worked for family,, it is not easy....

you have to be the one that sets the example for everyone...
you cant make any mistakes, you are expected to be perfect...

posted by steven1642

LOL, I totally know what you mean. Also a worker for a family owned buisness, I know it can be more difficult for one than a non-family employee. I recieved my 99 Lightning w/5000 miles during my 11th grade in highschool, late in the year 99 by my father. Yes, I know I am fortunate for this gift as anyone should be for having what they own. I've been told before that I didn't deserve the L or it was a gift so it wasn't that i worked for it. BS, I will not let anyone make me feel guilty for my father's gift. Besides, I don't think he gave me it for being a bum, I work hard for him and work hard in school. Yes I thank him and God for it. So Steven, enjoy what you have and feel fortunate for having it at such a young age. Keep on making that navi lookin good.

Old 05-18-2002, 07:15 PM
I dont see where Stevie exhibited any kind of ego whatsoever

If I remember correctly he started a post about the dumb sh@t that liability laws force car manufacturers to spoon feed people in driver's manuals. I saw no boasting or arrogance in his original post whatsoever, but all of a sudden people want to jump on him cause he's in a heavily modified Navigator. And I noticed the first person on his case drives a cheapo V6 F150. But of course envy has nothing whatsoever to do with it, right guys?

Steve, more power to you. You seem a hard worker, but you've also been given advantages to start with. It seems though as if you acknowledge and appreciate that. And you know what else? So the hell what if you've had lots of help. It's not like being put in charge of a business puts you on easy street and you have no worries for the rest of your life. With the power and the wealth will come heavy responsibilities. I think part of being a caring parent or grandparent is trying to use the wealth and influence you've worked hard to build to make it a little easier for the kids. I admire your parents and grandparents for having done that for you, as mine have for me though not quite to the same degree since they're not quite that wealthy. And Ill do the same eventually. My kids will work hard in life, but if I can make things easier by using the fruits of a life of hard work to help them get established, then that's darn well what I'll do. And I'll teach them to ignore people who want to pick on them just because they have parents and grandparents who worked hard enough to be able to help them buy nice stuff and set them up so they don't begin life in heavy debt or unable to live well.

Guys lets get back to the trucks. I dont think Steve needs to be told that though because hes not the one that started getting personal. Anybody who has trouble believing that, just scroll up and re-read the first couple posts. Let's admire everyone else's rides without being bitter about how they got them. I get the feeling some people here will always see Steve as boa****l just because he happens to be young and has a nice vehicle, no matter what his posts actually say. That's really a shame. IS there gonna be some new rule here saying you're not allowed to post about your ride or any mods you make if it's worth more than 25 thousand dollars and you're under 25?

And to asnwer your original post Steve, someone out there had to have gone and done all that stupid stuff to their trucks and then went back to the dealership to complain when their own negligence broke their trucks if Ford feels they had to spell it out for us in the manual like we're all retards.

Last edited by eharri3; 05-19-2002 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-19-2002, 04:14 AM
blowntruck

blowntruck:

are those harley 20's on your truck..
thats pretty bad@$$.. i like that....

eharri3: i think someone here finally understands me..

and about buying things for your kids when you worked hard for it and want them to have it a little easier...
i feel the same way about my g/f..
she was working 2 jobs to pay for her car, i met her at one of her jobs....
anyway she no longer works...i pay for her car and if she needs anything i get it for her...

it is in my opinion that women,girls should not have to work...
that is why i want to be sure i am making enough money so that my g/f, or wife, will never have to work.....

Old 05-19-2002, 09:43 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not a forum for owners of Expeditions and Navigator to discuss our autos, or a bad episode of Oprah.???

Old 05-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Yea Steven they are the Harley wheels, thanks.

BTW. I totally know what you're talking about.

Quick Reply: How many of you are really this stupid?