Expedition / Navigator

Owners of 2003 Exy. ?4U

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No No No.......

The slapping noise reminds them the cap is off and as to why everyone is staring at them as they drive by.

Old 06-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to see it's not just me-

That has been a sore spot with me since day one-

Steven is right, the owners manual says to not fill it past the 3rd click- but I always do.

When I first got it, I was able to squeeze 15 gallons in it from 1/2 tank, and I have a 26 gallon tank (4x2) 2000 Expy. That hasn't happened since, but I did have a eye-brow raising event on Tuesday.

I filled up at Chevron, (Which I never do- I usually get the cheapest gas I can find, contrary to the owner's manual recommendation. (Racetrack, Diamond Shamrock, 66) I had 1/4 tank showing, and at $1.35/gallon, it took me $36.36 to fill'er up.

When it was all said & done, I had 26.78 gallons added. That puzzled me, since I only have a 26 gallon tank, and had 1/4 tank (6.5 gallons on average) remaining. At first, I thought the Chevron station jipped me, but after reading these posts, I guess it's not uncommon. What I'm tripping on, is the fact that mine didn't click off once, until I had 24 gallons in it. I never get that far. It usually starts clicking around 18-19 gallons. (It was a bit of a down-hill)

The good news. I drove to work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, and it wasn't until I drove to Irving today that my guage came off full. I haven't seen it do that since my first fill up & trip to Shreveport!

I'd like to get it that full everytime- At least I'd only have to fill up every 10-12 days in city driving.

Last edited by Bighersh; 06-03-2002 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Owners of 2003 Exy. ?4U