Expedition / Navigator

New rubber

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope you don't mind 00Expo-

I brought your picture forward- I hope you don't mind- If you do, I'll remove your picture immediately.

Great looking truck, the billet grill & lower fascia really set it off. I need to re-order my grill. The shop "lost" my order- I'm getting the SS billet-

WELCOME TO THE 20" & ABOVE CLUB!

OOExpo man-

Big Hersh

Last edited by Bighersh; 06-03-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:58 PM
No problem Bighersh, Thanks for the comments! I was just not real happy with the way the pics turned out, I'm gonna try to get some more detailed ones this weekend.

Old 05-31-2002, 07:18 PM
Hardly any mods on mine

00 Expo & Family Ride-

You guys have waaaaaay more mods than I have.

Here is my little list of things done.

4.6L V-8, 2000 Ford Expedition XLT Sport (Loaded/Leather)

1.) K&N Filter Charger
2.) Chrome Exhaust tip
3.) 3M tint [20% over factory privacy glass (Limo dark)]
4.) A/R Vanguard 20" Chrome wheels (275/55/20 Goodyear)
5.) Ventshades
6.) Aftermarket (Not fitting as smoothly as I'd like) mudflaps.
7.) Tow hitch

I was thinking about an exhaust kit, but I don't want it to be loud like my SuperCrew. I have the dual Flowmaster kit on the SuperCrew- It is "hella" loud.

I thought having that same sound emenating from the Expedition would take the luxury away from the vehicle.

How much louder than stock is the Borla kit?

I wanted duals on the Expy, but the duals shop was concerned about the exhaust plumbing and its proximitey to the gas tank and rubber lines connecting to the diffferential, being adversely effected by the heat, and potential rubbing. They offered to put a "dummy" pipe on there. If it's not real- I don't want it! :^)

Other mods:

Next:
Street Scenes (SS) billet grill
Ford factory rear mud flaps

(Wish list)
Powerdyne supercharger-
2-inch rear drop-
A (sorta) quiet dual exhaust system-
Lightning front bumper kit.
Ford turn signal mirrors-
Ford Lighted running boards-
Xenon HID headlamps-
Brush guard- (Deer damage prevention on I-20 & I-35)

Last edited by Bighersh; 05-31-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:10 PM
Don't sweat it Bighersh, dumping a bunch of cash into a vehicle isn't to bright, but what the hell, as long as the kids are fed.
I don't think the Borla is very obnoxious. Definately louder than stock, but the wife don't complain, so... Anyway, I really don't have anything to compare it to other than stock. I do get a little drone around 1900 RPM, all the more reason to stay above it! Great looking though. I have read alot of good things about the Gibson, I think its called the super truck. I'm not real happy with the Xenarc lights. For the $$$, they could be better. I think the PIAA super whites in a L headlamp are close in comparison other than the Xenarc has a wider beam pattern. The PIAA Extreme white might even top it. Again, I have no one to compare it with. Harrisburg is not quite the mecca of the latest and greatest. I had to search a 75 mile radius to even see 20" rims, let alone any of the aftermarket stuff I got hanging off this thing. Thank god for the internet! I'm having an even harder time finding a place to do a front end alignment w/ 22" rims. I have to swap back to the 17" rims. Shoot me an email if you have any q's.

Old 05-31-2002, 11:00 PM
Hey 00expo,

I noticed in your signature that you have a Western Motorsports Inc. 3/3 Drop. Is this a kit? Looking at your Expy it seem like it still sits a little higher than my Navi and I was able to drop mine almost 2" by adjusting the rear sensor and torsion bars for the front. Where did you get the drop kit from and did you take measurements before and after?

Good looking ride you have there.

Last edited by Navi Man; 06-01-2002 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2002, 07:39 AM
Yea, WMS is a kit. It has new torsion keys and lower rear progressive rate springs. I did not have the air suspension. I was sitting at approx. 36-1/2 " when I started (at the top of the fender well) with 265/70/17 tires (approx 31-1/2" tall). After the drop I went to 33-1/2" F and 34" rear. When I put on the new tires (32-1/2") I had to raise the nose 1" for turning clearance because of the front facia. I'm sitting at 35" F and 34-1/2" R but still playing with it. I have been told by others that the factory air suspension can do around 2" drop. I've never had a good look at the setup, so not sure if the WMS kit would help. The torsion keys will definately drop it further, but the rear springs probably would need to be replaced w/ either shorter (ouch!) or bags. I noticed I went a little cut & paste crazy on my description! I have JBA headers, not The other guys. Sorry. BTW, WMS is in Calgary AB.

Last edited by 00expo; 06-01-2002 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:08 AM
I feel alittle out of place here, but I have been trying to find reviews on the Nitto NT 404's, and I came accross this forum.

I am the mother of 5 with 2 teen-agers that want mom's car to look "tight" (I think that was the word they used.) I drive a 2001 White chevy suburban. We are going to put 22" rims and I have narrowed the tire choice to the Nitto's, the Proxes, or the Yoko Geolandar H/T G052 (305/40-22).

I read what you wrote about 00expo's post, but do you have anything to say about the Yokohama? Aside from what my kids want, I need duability and a quiet ride cuz I do alot of driving between soccer, football, basketball, gymanstics, school............

Any input you have would be great!

Quick Reply: New rubber