Expedition / Navigator

Question for the Experts.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for the Experts.

Hello guys, I am having a weird problem with my Wife's 99' Eddie Bauer Expy. It has the push button AC/Heater etc.... controls. This unit also displays the outside temperature. Well here lately the outside temp has been reading 58 Degrees and it will be like 85 degrees and it stays on 58 or 60 and then back to 58.

Anyway I was wondering if any of you guys had seen this before and if there is a way to recalibrate it or is it just screwby dooby dooed.

Thanks.

Old 05-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Sounds like maybe the sensor is malfunctioning on the unit. I'm not sure where it is located at, but I bet it would be an easy fix to replace the sensor. Check with your Ford dealer for the part and they could probably help you with the location. If it doesn't fix it, you'll probably only be out about $25.00, where as it would cost you at least $50.00 just to have a shop look at it and then the cost to fix it. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:09 AM
there is a sensor behind your grill just to the left of the hood latch. there is a chart in the shop manuel to follow. for ohms and out side temp. i would start there. good luck. i do not know how to attach the chart to this page.

Old 05-24-2002, 04:07 PM
it could be giving you the readout in the metric (celcius? no spelling bee, I) degrees. You may just need to check your owners manual, could be just a push of a couple buttons to get you back to the good old F display

Last edited by Petrol; 05-24-2002 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Question for the Experts.