Expedition / Navigator

30K Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 01:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30K Service

My dealer quoted me $650 for the 30K service. The only noteable thing done during this service is oil/filter, air filter (don't need that - got a K&N) and transmission service. The rest is a bunch of "check is.....". I am thinking of only having the transmission serviced - still deciding on full flush or drain/fill pan and torque converter. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks,

Tom

Old 06-12-2002, 09:21 AM
I am going to need to do mine soon as well. I too looked at what was to be performed and decided to forgo the expensive trip to my dealer (quoted $575)

I will have our mechanic at work (he services most of our company vehicals and construction equipment and was a tech at a Ford dealer for 15 yrs prior to coming to work for us) perform my Expys Transmission service (YES I believe in full flush as I intend to keep her for a long long time) I will also have him drain and flush the brake fluid (I had an experiance once at a ski resort where the moister that had accumulated in my old trucks system froze on a -10 degree day. some seales ruputured and left me on top of a mountain with no brakes so now I have them flushed every two years)

I will also have the reg oil/filter, checks, etc. done as well. All this for less then half what your dealer quoted. They won't see my Expy except for warrenty work.

Old 06-13-2002, 11:58 AM
Service price jumped-

I had a 99 S-Cab,I took it in for the 15K mile service (At 18,000) and ended up getting the Expedition 3 days later.

That service was $59.00- I had just changed my oil, so I didn't have them do that, so that took of 29.00, so my 15K service costed me, 30 bucks. (October 2000)

May 2002- Stopped by (Same dealership) and asked about the price of the 15K mile service. $179.00- Basically, a glorified oil change and inspect this, inspect that.

$650 @ 30K huh? Dayum, I guess I better put another $650 with it, and lease a 2004 Expedition, by the time I hit 30K. I'm at 18K now, I've had the Expy 19 months. One month longer than I had the 1999 Scab.

Quick Reply: 30K Service