Expedition / Navigator

New Navigators are pretty sweet

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Navigators are pretty sweet

I was down looking at escalade's, and seeing what was new for 2003 from the dealers. They were nice, and i was looking at picking up a 2003. I was driving back home and called my friend he said he seen a new 2003 Navigator on a lot. So i went down to my local dealer.

Man it is so much nicer it is hard to believe. The Interior is where it really walks away IMHO. The new metal looks is awsome. It was late so i did not get to take one for a ride, going to head back down Thursday night and take one for a spin.

Mostly just doing some window shopping right now, looking to buy one in about 4-5 months. Going to sell my Lightning and get one.

Anyone have one yet and doing any modifying to it? I am looking to do new rims mostly probably 22's or 23's, and probably a TV in the dash.

I think i can still get xplan anyone see a price breakdown yet on that?

Thanks

Old 07-16-2002, 12:13 AM
i havent seen x-plan pricing on an 03 X or Navi yet.
when i bought my 01 X, i could get the EB version on the x plan, but the navi and the lincoln marks were not available on the x plan.
kinda like the escalade is not available on the GM deep discount programs.
they may have changed that this year, but for 01 and 02 that was the case.
BTW, in 01, the xplan brought my 01 X-EB from 42 and change, down to 31800 then we got to start applying trades, dealership incentives, etc.

Old 07-16-2002, 08:06 PM
The new Navi interiors are pretty sweet looking. The outside is OK and I'm sure in time it will grow on me. I do like the more aggressive stance as it looks like it sits lower in the front. They cut off about a foot in the front and it kind of looks stubby now. I also didn't care for the looks of the new running boards. They almost look to toyish (is that a word?). I would like to see some tricked out and then I could form a better opinion.

Old 07-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Yep, those new Navi's are hot-

I like everything about the new look.

I used to prefer the Expy over the Navi, but with this new body-style, I have changed my favorite to the Navi-

With the power fold-in mirrors, the console mounted shifter; the stocky, aggressive, fat-boy stance, the grill, the lowered hunkered down look, even on the 4x4- Ford....

YA DONE GOOD ON THIS ONE!

The Expy is OK too. Not as nice as the Navi, but nice...

I'm still ticked about the change to 6-lugs from 5.

That's why I'm not writing from an ownership perspective... My rims won't fit, and I'd just bought them in April- New Expy came out in May. I didn't like the pix I'd seen on line, didn't think I'd like it when I saw it.... I was wrong!

Live & learn- I'm still happy with my 00...

Last edited by Bighersh; 07-16-2002 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:06 PM
I like your ride, but if the rims are the only hold up about getting a new Navi i am sure you could sell them online and get a good amount back.

Like i said its probably gonna be about 4 months till i can pick one up, need to sell my Lightning also.

I love the black but with no garage yet makes it hard to keep it looking good. Not sure if i am real hot about the white with the grey bottom. Might look into the silver colored one, but i really love the black.

Old 07-18-2002, 12:58 AM
why are you going to trade your L????

Old 07-18-2002, 01:15 AM
The L is a 2000, and i live in michigan with no winter Car. So looking to get something nice for all year around and looking to buy another Lightning in 2004 probably.

Trending Topics

Old 07-24-2002, 11:48 AM
it's not an 03

I got a 2002 Gator in March & I love every bit of it! By the way, I got mine on A Plan. If that helps any. Katy

Old 07-24-2002, 10:42 PM
Thanks, test drove a 03 monday, god i love this thing. Probably be 2-3 months till i can get one though.

Old 07-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Ah you live in hazel park, i live there also, bought my house here 3 years ago.

Old 07-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Where are you in HP? I know you've been by our place looking for our truck (the silver Johnny Lightning L). Are you going to the Dream Cruise?

Old 07-25-2002, 11:18 PM
Ya i also go to the DC, ah i know where you house is. My Dad Seen the L and told me about it over just south or 9 mile.

I have a Silver L also, i live just south of 10 mile across from the Calagry Baptist Church.

My dad used to own a body shop, and pretty much all he does is restore cars now adays, so he always has new toys for the cruise he lives up near Oscoada. He just did a 70 chevelle convertible this winter, my brother in law owns House of Shamrocks in HP, he has a 70 chevelle my dad did for him also.

You guys have any F1's laying around? =(

I have my spare up front still need to get a new tire, not sure if i want to buy 4 new ones since i am probably selling it soon for a new Navi.

Old 07-26-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Ashenor
You guys have any F1's laying around? =(

I have my spare up front still need to get a new tire, not sure if i want to buy 4 new ones since i am probably selling it soon for a new Navi.
Sorry, he has to keep street tires for whe I want to drive it to work. Can you imagine that beast sitting in rush hour traffic on 696? I'm still waiting to see it myself. Hopefully not too much longer.

Quick Reply: New Navigators are pretty sweet