Expedition / Navigator

Stock radio actin' up...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock radio actin' up...

My '02 X's factory radio unit is acting kinda funny. Specifically the CD changer/player. Every so often, I get a message on the unit that reads: NO CDDJ. This has been occurring more frequently the past few weeks. Also, the HEADSET "on" display tends to disappear when this happens and when I try to turn it back on (depressing preset buttons 3 & 5) it won't. The radio seems to turn on slower (lags when I press the volumn button to turn the unit on) when this happens too!

Is there a fix that I can get done on my own without the trouble of having to go to the dang dealer for a warranty job, cause we all know how dealers treat / feel about warranty work!!! Anyone else experience this one???

Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 12-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Question Re: Stock radio actin' up...

Originally posted by expy_with_seoul
My '02 X's factory radio unit is acting kinda funny. Specifically the CD changer/player. Every so often, I get a message on the unit that reads: NO CDDJ. This has been occurring more frequently the past few weeks. Also, the HEADSET "on" display tends to disappear when this happens and when I try to turn it back on (depressing preset buttons 3 & 5) it won't. The radio seems to turn on slower (lags when I press the volumn button to turn the unit on) when this happens too!

Is there a fix that I can get done on my own without the trouble of having to go to the dang dealer for a warranty job, cause we all know how dealers treat / feel about warranty work!!! Anyone else experience this one???

Thanks in advance for the help!
:

I too am having the very same problem. It used to be periodic, but now it is almost always. It will work for a minute and then switch to the radio and say NO CDDJ. Did you find a fix for it? please help.
Jason

Old 12-11-2003, 02:05 AM
It's worked so far...

Well I've got a Superchip in and I've had to pull the battery connection off a few times. Not to say that this is the CURE, but ever since I've done this (again, not so much for the radio) to reset the 'chip it - the radio - doesn't seem to want to revert to the "NO CDDJ"

Jason, I wish I had a better reply for your situation, 'er our situation, but this is what has worked for me thus far. If you come across something more solid please post it here as I'm sure we are not the only two!!!

Thanks and good luck,
Christian

Old 06-27-2004, 08:32 PM
anyone find a repair for this? I'm having the same problem and i dont have a warranty so i'm afraid of taking it to the dealer and them charging me a buttload to fix this.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Kingfanpaul1
anyone find a repair for this? I'm having the same problem and i dont have a warranty so i'm afraid of taking it to the dealer and them charging me a buttload to fix this.

nobody knows?

Quick Reply: Stock radio actin' up...