Expedition / Navigator

Some problems with my 98 expi....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some problems with my 98 expi....

First, I am a homemaker and I dont know jack about trucks I really need help.

My 98 Expedition is just shy of 110,000 miles (I am the only owner, it the eddie bauer one), it seems to be suddenly falling apart! It has electrical problems. Check engine light for months. We keep taking it in and getting different electrical tests at different dealers. No straight answers, "could" be this or that "sensor", I believe we have now had the fuel and right something sensor replaced. Check engine light still is coming on. These little lights and sensor problems seem to have started after we had a remote starter installed (which they had trouble setting anyway), could this be the problem? Sometimes it just wont start manually so I have to use my little remote starter to get her going?!

It is just not picking up right when going up hills, even in cruise control it dropped. This last sensor that was replaced helped slightly with that problem but didnt fix.

Has anyone experienced any of this? Any suggestions?

We also have a tick/pinging? For almost a year now, it gets good fuel. Someone suggested that it could be from oil changes/to much oil? Or could it be that we live in the Artic? (we do have a block heater, and use the correct winter oil)

Also, two hubcaps (factory) we stolen reciently. Anyone have an idea on the cost?

Does anyone have the same model with this many miles? Is it just hitting the end of its road? I planned to keep her another year but tempted to trade her in sooner.

Also, is there any way to stop all the inside lights from coming on, when opening a door? Not fun with sleeping little ones.

Thanks for helping the helpless

In all this truck has been the best thing for us. Its the longest we have ever kept a truck...purchased Oct 97... Thanks!

Quick Reply: Some problems with my 98 expi....