Expedition / Navigator

2000' Lincoln 'Gator' Pros vs Cons

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'll probably look into a flip chip for it with a position for economy 87 octane and one for max performance 93 octane. Thanks again.

Old 09-27-2002, 02:02 PM
ml
That is correct. I have a 99 Nav and it has the 300HP engine, Alpine Audio system, adjustable pedals, and a couple of other minor changes like brighter lights. These changes happened mid year so if you are buying a 99....make sure the one you get has the 32V 300hp engine., etc The Alpine sterio is much better than the previous one. Another consideration is that newer models (not the 99s) have better running boards, I am not sure what year they were introduced but the newer ones extend out farther and are therefore more practical particularly if you live in the snow belt.

I have both an Eddie Bauer (98) and a Navigator(99). They have both been extremely good vehicles. I am buying an 03 Nav soon. They are too cool....

Be careful if you buy an Expy or Nav with the 2V 5.4l engine. Quite a few of the earlier models with the 2V (not 4V) 5.4litre engines had "piston slap." I personally had a 97 that had to have the engine replaced. If you want to know what piston slap is..check the article under "helpfull resources" on the F150online homepage (right hand side).

You will like your Nav. Excellent vehicles.

Old 10-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by PhAtNaV
NP,
And if you end up supercharging it.. Wow.. 400Hp's for that baby... Sweet!
Actually, mine's blown w/Paxton's NOVI 2000 kit and it puts out 475HP and 435TQ. Makes the beast pick up like a bat outa hell!!!

Old 10-15-2002, 11:10 AM
Are you ****tin me??

475 HP?? Holy Cow... Now that's something I wanna drive...

Mine has 230.. with a supercharger it WOULD be about 330..

If yours was 300, that SC boosted you up to 475???

WOW!!!.. What do you run the 1/4 in and 0-60,,?? and do you have pics???

Lata's
PhAtNav

Old 10-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Are you ****tin me??

475 HP?? Holy Cow... Now that's something I wanna drive...

Mine has 230.. with a supercharger it WOULD be about 330..

If yours was 300, that SC boosted you up to 475???

WOW!!!.. What do you run the 1/4 in and 0-60,,?? and do you have pics???

Lata's
PhAtNav
Heheh... The numbers are from the Paxton documentation that came with the truck when I got it. Once I dyno it, I will get the actuals.

Stock is 300HP and the docs claim 475/435. It is a blast to drive, but I am afraid I'm going to break something when I hit it. So I don't do that too often.

I will try to put up some pics soon.

BTW - The NOVINav had a license plate from Michigan on it when I got it. It said "PHAT NAV".

Old 10-15-2002, 01:22 PM
HEY!!!!!!!!

Then I know EXACTLY what Nav you drive.. GOD, I wanted that NAVI SOOO BAD..

It was listed for about 30K+ I think....IT was the Navi EXTREME RIGHT??? With the XTREME Badges??

That was before I was into modding AS MUCH, but i know it HAD

20" Niche Pultecs
Supercharger,
PhatNav Licence plate,

And the add for it.. I think on ebay was, " All you need is a stereo system to make this the SUV in your town".. or something to that effect..

It is Brownish/silver right.. ?? Anyways, if this is the one.. WOW man,, GREAT CHOICE... Where did you end up buying it??

SWEET NAV!

Jd

Old 10-15-2002, 01:29 PM
HEY!!!!!!!!

Then I know EXACTLY what Nav you drive.. GOD, I wanted that NAVI SOOO BAD..

It was listed for about 30K+ I think....IT was the Navi EXTREME RIGHT??? With the XTREME Badges??

That was before I was into modding AS MUCH, but i know it HAD

20" Niche Pultecs
Supercharger,
PhatNav Licence plate,

And the add for it.. I think on ebay was, " All you need is a stereo system to make this the SUV in your town".. or something to that effect..

It is Brownish/silver right.. ?? Anyways, if this is the one.. WOW man,, GREAT CHOICE... Where did you end up buying it??

SWEET NAV!

Jd
Yep!! That's the one!! I bought it off of eBay. The modifier "Moses Automotive" in Toledo, Ohio was selling it for the guy they built it for. The guy does 4-6 projects a year and then sells them off. This one only had 8K miles on it when I got it.

It is Champagne. The wheels are 20" Niche Throttle w/Toyo Proxes ST 295-45-20 tires. He had some funky exhaust that blocked the spare tire area, so I had a Magnaflow put on it to put the spare back in. With custom dual SS 3" tips.

He also took off the hitch!! I wish he still had it. I hope someone out there took their hitch off and would sell it to me. I plan to drag my race car to the track with it.

I'll try to get some pictures up in the next day or so.

Old 10-15-2002, 07:45 PM
and do you have pics???

Lata's
PhAtNav
I posted the pics for you.

Pic thread

I'm getting a lot of heat on the S/C forum for the marketing HP/TQ #s I posted. I really won't know what it puts out until I get it dyno'd. I have the brochure at home w/the #s on it. I will grab it, scan it and put it up too.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:10 AM
I replied to the pics on that threat.. check it out!!

lata's,
J

Quick Reply: 2000' Lincoln 'Gator' Pros vs Cons