Expedition / Navigator

2V or 4V.. Headers.. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2V or 4V.. Headers.. HELP!

I was looking at Truckperformance.com for headers and found JBA headers for the 1998 Lincoln Navigator that said 4V only!

I have a 1998 w/ 230 HP and I think it is 2V but I'm not for sure. If indeed I'm only a 2V, why couldn't I use the Headers on that site that say 4V only? Would it harm my engine?

On jbaheaders.com or whatever it is, it shows the Lincoln Navigator header # as 1697S-4
Expedition header # 1697S

So does that 4 on the Navigator stand for 4V? If so, and i'm a 2 V could I just buy the Expedition headers for the 1998 5.4 liter?

In that case, Gibson makes a set for me that are much cheaper!! Or anyone else that makes them for the Expedition...

Help!! please!

thanks,
Jon

Old 10-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Hey PhatNav,

Best bet would to either call or email JBA headers and get their opinion. They designed and built them, so they would know what the best application would be for you. To be honest though, headers are an expensive upgrade and the results will be very little in return for cost. Modern day exhaust manifolds aren't really to bad. You still have the cat as a restrictor in the system, so your best bang for the buck is an after cat exhaust system. The only performance upgrades I would consider is a chip, intake filtration mod, cat back exhaust and possibly electric fans. Beyond that, you're not going to get much performance upgrade. If you're really into performance, then the biggest, but most expensive, is the mighty supercharger. Good luck.

Old 10-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Re: 2V or 4V.. Headers.. HELP!

Originally posted by PhAtNaV
I was looking at Truckperformance.com for headers and found JBA headers for the 1998 Lincoln Navigator that said 4V only!
Jon, From what I understand, the 98 Navi's only came in 2V. So that would mean their website is probably wrong. I would call/email them to get the facts. Either way, you can't trust the data from their site.

Old 10-19-2002, 03:21 AM
thanks for all the responses.

I knew there wouldn't be much power gain, and saving up for a supercharger just seems like so FAR away.

I wanted to get some quick power/sound, and I already have flowmaster exhaust, and K&N Intake, but no signifigant power difference.

That's the only thing I hate about these huge trucks..... you can't notice any power difference without a Supercharger.

I i added a chip, MAF, 80MM TB, Underdrive pulleys, & Headers, I might still only notice a MINOR difference... shoot,, 20-30 RWHP at MOST!!!....
But on a little Acura, or some import, all those things would make a HUGE difference..

all well, I still want to lowering kit around Xmas time, but I referred a client to my father and he used my dad to buy 3 houses, so my dad wanted to give me something in return, a sort of appreciation if you will,... thought headers might do the trick, but not so sure now..

Old 10-19-2002, 03:50 AM
Quick question.

Please look at this link:

http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_33c41e4751fdcded8cf30d4929e8033c/i-2_B.JPG]5.4L/4.6L The same thing in this pic???[/URL]

In that pic, up for auction is a vortec Supercharger. Those instructions say 5.4 / 4.6.. are they the same thing.. as in applications?? IF so, I could buy a 4.6 Liter Ford supercharger and it would work?

thanks,
Jon

Old 10-19-2002, 11:41 PM
Nope, intakes are different.

Keep in mind, the PI heads came out in the '99 year models which gave a pretty good increase in power.

Quick Reply: 2V or 4V.. Headers.. HELP!