Expedition / Navigator

Ordered 8# Kenne Bell Today

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is 4X4 also, I just remove the front half drive shaft from the xfer case. Its only 8 bolts. I keep it out all summer and put it back in right around now. I'm waiting till my next dyno this weekend though.

Sounds like you've got a good jump on it. I can't speak for the KB chip programming as I don't use one. Kennedy's should be able to give you more info on that. I would strongly suggest at least a wide band A/F test if not a full dyno. That will tell you weather your A/F is flat or if you are leaning out at higher RPM. The chip SHOULD be able to be tuned to correct that or if necessary, the FMU could need some adjustment.

You might want to send a message to Gary (Bad to the Bone Ford) as he is quite experienced with the KB. He also used Kennedy's. No doubt the aquamist is a good thing regardless!

Old 12-03-2002, 07:40 PM
I have a 6# kit on my 2000 5.4L AWD expy. I bought it from Bob and i had him install it(i live in Buffalo, NY when not at school). He dynoed mine by removing the front shaft. I was planning on having Bob install his water injection kit on mine as well as the bigger pulley. I have about 15k on my KB and it is still awesome. My milage went up on the street and down by a few mpg on the highway. I have the stock KB setup with the FMU and the KB Chip and i run 91 octane at about 4000k feet elevation here in montana and things have been fine. I put some NOS octane booster in the other day and it really likes it. I am driving to south florida in 3 weeks and i cant wait to get some 94 octane in it. Not to mention it will be wicked fast since of the elevation drop. I will have some fun on I-95 when i get to flordia. Hope you like it.

Old 12-04-2002, 01:43 PM
All of you "blown" guys suck!

00expo, that might be the best looking, best set-up I've seen. I'm sincerely envious.

skyhook8, good luck. I hope you get all of the issues sorted out.

Old 12-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Thanks jimmsimm, technically, we BLOW.... not SUCK !

All of the pics are of the ATI Procharger. I don't have any of the KB yet.

BTW, the ATI is for sale !!!!! What a stocking stuffer that would make !!!!!

Old 12-09-2002, 01:25 AM
Got a lot done this weekend. I installed the Aquamist water injection kit, a new Kenwood head unit and DVD changer, and a Rockford Fosgate amp.

The water injection installation took about 6 hours but most of that was planning and designing the install. I took advice from a water injection installer on another forum and used a threaded tire air valve to tap the bottom of the washer tank. I then used a short piece of thick rubber hose from the vacuum hose section at Pep Boys as a conduit from the air valve to the plastic Aquamist line. I ran that through the top section of the radiator area over to the right side of the engine bay. I had to use some clear plastic tubing to extend the Aquamist hose since there wasn't enough to reach. Both the short hoses and the short wires in the Aquamist kit limited my options for the install but with the extension piece I was able to do what I wanted. I mounted the pump on an unused brace underneath the Kenne Bell intake assembly. It was a support bracket for the stock air intake. I placed the pump in a left-right orientation and mounted it upside down on the brace. I did away with much of the Aquamist wire harness by utilizing an unused relay point in my power/fuse box. I don't have the towing option so I think that's why I had the unused spot. I tapped a power and a ground from the bottom of the box and was done with that. I mounted the boost switch to the left of the brake boost on the firewall and ran a vacuum line behind the blower over to a tee next to the Kenne Bell boost switch. The injector was placed on the Kenne Bell intake housing that is also home to the IAC hose and the right valve cover breather hose. I inserted it at a 45 degree angle. I forgot to prime the system before connecting all the hoses but we were able to get fluid flowing after several short trys with the pump. I applied pressure to the top of the washer fluid tank a couple of times during those tries but don't know if that helped or not. I didn't have time to tune and I don't have a boost gauge yet so I'm not sure where it is kicking in. We were playing with the switch by backing the screw all the way out until it activated at normal pressure to see how it worked. I think that I made a couple of turns back in when we left it. I also used the middle size injector of the three that were provided by Aquamist.

The engine now runs great. I've hit the blower very hard on many successive runs and it won't ping.

I'm using a standard bottle of washer fluid that I purchased from Walmart for $0.75. Bob Kennedy says that fluid is fine but will eventually clog the filter and to used a 50/50 mix of water and methanol.

I guess I'll play with the boost switch and injector size to get the system optimized but for now I'm very pleased to have a very smooth running engine.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:41 AM
Thats great news! Sounds like a great job on the install, nothing like having xtra parts when ur done!

Quick Reply: Ordered 8# Kenne Bell Today