Expedition / Navigator

Looks like I may be leaving

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I may be leaving

Well guys/gals,

my stay here was relatively short, but it looks like we will be selling the Expy and picking up a new (smaller) suv. We've decided on a Lexus GX470 (Blue Meridian Pearl/Black int).

I learned alot from you all in a short time and wanted to say thanks. I'll probably check in from time to time because my 1st car was a Ford and I've always had a Ford in my Driveway (well up until the Expy goes that is). If anyone wants any advice on how to get a set of airhorns into their Expy email me through here and I'd be more than happy to help.

I probably won't be getting the new suv until July, but I plan on selling the Expy by the spring.

I gotta say I am still a little disappointed in Fords option packaging. The new suv will still have seating for 7/8, but the seats will be much easier to remove (no way my wife could ever get the Expy 3rd row out on her own), plus I'll be getting other goodies like Nav/Mark Levinson premium sound system/Heated seats - and still get the interior color I want (i.e. not Eddie Bauer tan)

I have some reservations because the new suv has an odd (swinging back door/no glass opening), and the headlights are not HID's which I would've hoped for now that I'm so accustomed to it (I KNOW that the '04 will change at least the HID option)

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks and I'll see ya around the boards.

PS you can always find me on ClubLexus though.

Later,

Old 12-14-2002, 11:13 AM
The Lexus is a nice looking vehicle. If you could have held out a little longer, Lincoln has the new Aviator coming out that is a slightly smaller version of the Navigator. Good luck with your new vehicle.

Old 12-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Aviator

Originally posted by Navi Man
The Lexus is a nice looking vehicle. If you could have held out a little longer, Lincoln has the new Aviator coming out that is a slightly smaller version of the Navigator. Good luck with your new vehicle.
I actually like the Aviator ALOT, but I got a little scared off by the engine problem rumors. Although I can get X-Plan, (and this is the biggest reason) my wife works for LEXUS and they have a special lease program for Elite Master Certified Employees which financially makes the decision a no-brainer (even compared to A-Plan.) That coupled with the employee discounts on service and accessories really makes it difficult to say no.

We talked a little more about it and may not jump right in in July, we may wait until Jan '04 1)because I usually drive my GS400 during the Spring/Summer, and 2) to see if some of the options we'd like are available, like HID's, 18" wheels and maybe a little HP boost. Either way I'm sure we'll be happy, but no point in rushing to get it 1st year out either.

Quick Reply: Looks like I may be leaving