F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

4" Skyjacker lift...any good??

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4" Skyjacker lift...any good??

Hey all, just thought I would chime in. I am a newbie to this forums but frequent other Ford sites. I have a 2000 F250 Crew Cab Diesel 4x4 offroad package, chip, down pipe, fuel regulator kit, injectors, and K&N filter with a 2" leveling kit. Anyway, I found a 4" kit that someone is selling and wanted to know if its any good.

Here is the post I found:

4" lift kit Skyjacker I think. Front springs rear add-a-leafs RS9000s for the rear Skyjacker shocks for the front Pitman arm and drop bracket. I bought it used and never put it on. Fits 99 and up I think. Everybody says will fit 35s but I think you can get more with a 4"lift. Everything for $425. Need to get rid of this to fund other projects.

I currently run brand new 315/75/16 MT's and would like the extra clearance. I dont know about lifts for Ford, but I have a highly modded Cherokee rock crawler. Thanks for any input

Last edited by ScottZJ; 12-31-2002 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:36 PM
The skyj kit is one of the better kits, You want front springs, I would go with rear springs(not just an add-a-leaf), The RS9000's are $70 a piece by themselves..dropped arm is good...An adjustable track rod would be nice...The seperate pieces would be worth having in my opinion, is there a photo???To show condition of the parts?? The parts are worth this much, even if you had to buy a shock or two...

Stay away for the four wheel stuff(Pro Comp)...

My opinion...

Old 01-07-2003, 04:29 PM
I would suggest the full rear leaf pack. The add a leafs are going to stiffen your ride up a bit. Avoid blocks as well. They will give you axle wrap. Using the add a leaf system will make the ride feel stiff and you will get a shimmy at take off. Pro Comp's kit is ok in my book. The only thing is that they sell it with and add a leaf+block combo. I believe that they are selling the rear spring pack now. it should come with sway bar drop down brackets, a dropped pitman arm. Match it to your oem one because ford made the sd's with 3 different pitman arms. the dials are differnt. I would recomend flipping the sway bar brackets upside down because they are more sturdy that way. some kits out there tell you to add a bracket to make them reach..that makes the bracket weak Both kits are good because they are a true 4" lift. not like some other kits out there that say one thing and sit lower than others Hope this helped.

Quick Reply: 4" Skyjacker lift...any good??