F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Overdrive Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overdrive Light

I've got a 2000 F-250 with an automatic transmission. On two occasions recently the "off" light on the gearshift **** has continously blinked (the overdrive is not even turned off). When I turn the engine off and restart the motor, it stays off. Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be.
Also, all of this talk about the transmission problems has got me worried. Is this really a weak transmission? I just bought the truck 5000 miles ago with 66000 on it. I've changed to synthetic oil and tranny fluid and am considering buying one of the oil "cleaners". I'd like to put lots of miles on this truck and don't mind spending a little now to make sure that this truck lasts. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Old 01-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The blinking OD light is an indication of problem with the trans, then you you turn off the ignition it clears the error code, You are going to have to get the trans codes read...Did you drop the pan when you switched fluids, how did the pan look?? How did the fliud look? Did you drain the TC?? How does the truck drive?? Can you tell all three gear changes?? and feel the TC lock...Does the trans slip??

Quick Reply: Overdrive Light