F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

New participant w/ que. on X plan

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New participant w/ que. on X plan

Hello all,
I found this forum a few weeks ago,and have enjoyed reading through the many informative posts.I finally took the time to register yesterday.
I have owned a slew of Ford products over the years,and have had good service from most of them(with the exception of that Fairmont my lovely bride parked in 3 ft. of water). I presently drive a '97 F150 that I plan on replacing shortly with a new 6.0 diesel F 250 or 350; something I can pull a 5th wheel travel trailer with.I'll wait until they start discounting them around here(Houston)because right now the dealers are expecting very close to MSRP.Which leads me to my question; I recall seeing something somewhere about an X plan that I understand to be some sort of dealer or manufacturer incentive/discount.I hope I have described it correctly,but if anybody has any further info or a link I'd appreciate it.
Thanks for any help on this matter.
Tim H

Old 01-24-2003, 03:49 PM
First of all - welcome to a great resource for all your questions! There are plenty of great people here, and some of them actually know a thing or two about trucks.

As far as X Plan goes, it is a program offered to Ford suppliers, et al. with "no haggle" pricing set by Ford on each individual vehicle. You can get more details about the plan here. Keep in mind that this link is just for reference - X Plan pricing should be valid at any dealership. I say should because it is up to the individual dealer if they wish to participate.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:28 AM
If you join the experimental aircraft club, you can get A plan, or X plan...one of the two, Motorola employees get A plan...this is what I use..

Old 02-08-2003, 12:16 AM
A or X Plan

Mach1,

Do you need to be a member for over a year to participate in the buying program through experimental aircraft?

Old 02-10-2003, 02:52 AM
Tim, Get ahold of this guy.

Cochise H. Willis
Assistant Director of Fleet Sales
Lone Star Ford
8477 N Freeway (I-45)
Houston, Texas 77037
281.878.4267 fax
cochise.willis@lonestarford.com

Old 02-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Dbubba, I was not awear of the year hold out... I thought it was immediate...

Cochise is the man, If you can get it cheap Cochise is the man, I know him, he is in the diesel club and a sponsor as well...He is one of the nicest men you will ever talk to, knows his stuff as well...

FWIW---They sell SVT's as well...

Old 02-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks for replies on X plan

Appreciate the info on the X plan,but moreso the info about Cochise(V10 man and Mach 1) at Lonestar Ford. I just got off the phone with him and basically went thru building the truck on paper; F250 Lariat,2wd Supercrew SWB,6.0 auto,limited slip,3.73,trailer pkg,heated mirrors,and a few other doo dads. Came out to about 35.8K w/ available discounts. MSRP is about 40.4K for same. I told him to put me on his list for when they start discounting or offering incentives,hopefully before summer. I just hate to buy and find out after I coulda gotten a better deal.
Trying to be patient,
Tim

Quick Reply: New participant w/ que. on X plan