F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

clean diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003 | 12:57 PM
|
clean diesel?

So what qualifies as a "clean diesel" engine. Are the 7.3's from 99 and up under this title or is it only the 6.0?

(And is Ford actually doing a V6 diesel in the F150's?)

(still hunting for a SD)

thanks,

Kurt

Old 03-11-2003 | 10:46 PM
Moderator &
Clean, of course, refers to an environmental status. In short, the emissions. I'm not sure what the definition of 'clean' is however; I believe it's a mandated term from the Federal EPA for emission standards for such vehicles.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it refers to the engine burning ULTRA LOW SULFUR fuel which, isn't readily available in 99% of US markets (unless your in California with the most stringent air pollution laws in the world).

Check out this site for a little interesting information about diesel versus natural gas etc... the results are pretty suprising...

They say that this ultra low sulfur diesel is less disruptive to the environmental air standards than the emissions of a natural gas vehicle... quite interesting... especially when we're moving towards natural gas as an alternative method of mobility and propulsion.

http://www.greendieseltechnology.com/this_qtr.html

Also, take note. The sponsor or owner of the site is, none other than INTERNATIONAL (the semi folks).

Still interesting...

RP

Old 03-12-2003 | 08:45 AM
|
Thanks man.

So anyone else hear about a V6 diesel f150 in 05?

Quick Reply: clean diesel?