F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Advice on price for '02 F250 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bikenut
DAMN That two tone is Purdy!!!
Thanks Yeah, the two-tone paint scheme was a BIG hit!! We are both "silver" lovers..and this was so perfect!! Sorry the picture is so dark, the sun had almost set...we will be taking better pictures in the sunlight this weekend.

Thanks, I will check out Fabtech

and yes, we are both very

Last edited by NaviGirl; 05-17-2003 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Nice Truck!

I raced one just like that from a rolling start up to about 60 mph the other day and he stayed right with me, I barely was pulling on him. We both waved to each other and smiled afterwards.

Those Diesels have a nice kick. My next truck I want one!

Old 05-17-2003, 09:39 AM
Congrats on your new beast. It looks very nice, the will never go away from driving these trucks. These ride better than the F-150's IMO and look better to boot.

Old 05-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Rugby3
Congrats on your new beast. It looks very nice, the will never go away from driving these trucks. These ride better than the F-150's IMO and look better to boot
I totally agree with you...they do look better than the F150's (no offense to those that have them) I just like a BIG truck

We had some fun with her last night..took her out to a sand dune for a little bit

Can't wait till we get the 6" lift and the 35" tires!!!!! WATCH OUT!

Old 05-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Heather, be sure to check back through the threads at dieselstop.com . There are some cool tips/tricks and stuff there. I learned how to kill the stupid 'ding ding' from the seat belt and from the accessory position with the door open. ~Two things I've always hated on any cars ~Thats just an example, theres a TON of info. and they seem to know more than your local service dept. on issues most of the time!!
I believe they are a sister site with this one too

So, do you think you'll ever not have a diesel again?? If not, it will come over you soon

Old 05-20-2003, 04:44 AM
Fabtech is cool, STAY away from the Pro-comp, 4-wheel parts, they will take you for a ride!!!

Skyjacker is ok...

Old 05-20-2003, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the info on the truck guys, I'm loving it more and more every time I drive it. (I'm NaviGirl's husband BTW) It seems that the 6" suspension lift by "Edge" is the hot ticket on these trucks. Does anyone have experience with these? Thanks again!

Old 05-21-2003, 02:53 AM
I was going to recomend that, but everyones says they are too high priced for what you get in the kit, the springs hangers, Fabratech has these as well..Good luck..

Yes the spring hanger changeout will not effect the stock ride characteristics... excellent choice...i have installed these as well..

Old 05-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Mach1,

Thanks for the info. I noticed you get excellent gas mileage. What mods made the biggest difference? Any free/cheap mods that I could do for the mean time? I would really like a chip, but I fear the tranny will take a dump if I throw too much at it. Plus I don't know if the stealer can tell I had a chip in it or not and I have some time left on the warranty. Any info is appreciated

Matt

Old 05-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Matt, I dont know if it was any one thing...I live a high tech life, so I always look at an efficentcy to all mechainical things...I have a lot of stuff thermowrapped..keep cool things cool...Hot things hot..

Some of it has to do with a little here and a little there, starts adding up...

The truck basically got 19+ from the factory..Keeping it at those levels were quite tough, especially after punching 2X dyno numbers out of it...I tried and somewhat accomplished what I set out to do..I try not to brag about it, some people take it wrong..I am just trying to point out the incrediable power that is on tap from these trucks...and you dont lose much fuel economy in the process...I AM AMASED...

I want to point out there is a diesel truck craze going on out there and I am going to ride it...We finally got the NHRA, t reconize it...DHRA...

The trans is the weak point...start with synthetics, exhaust, intake...mild chip...at least you will get the same mileage, but have tons of power on tap...

A lot of the products out there are bogus...It doesn't cost alot to mod these trucks...but chose wisely, for you can do some damage while throwing your money away...

I am still running stock airbox with a k&n filter, everyone else is running $200 and $300 airbox, intake setups...

If you want I can talk privately with you at rbabola@281.com

Good Luck...

Quick Reply: Advice on price for '02 F250 Diesel