F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Advice on price for '02 F250 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on price for '02 F250 Diesel

Hi everyone

Have another question. For those of you who read my earlier post, my husband is in search of a F250 Diesel, 4x4 truck. We went around to different dealerships this past weekend, and think we may have found the truck! Here are the details:

2002 F250
Diesel, 7.3L
4x4
Crew Cab
Lariat, Grey Leather Seats, Wood Trim
17k miles
One Owner
Great Condition
Bedliner
Shift on the Fly

We got them down to $34k OTD

Good price????????
Need to know ASAP, as we are going to be calling the guy this morning to let him know.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2003, 09:38 AM
I do not know what the market differences are compared to Mississippi, but you can buy a brand new 2003 6.0 PSD, Lariat, Crew Cab 4x4, loaded up for 37K. Many places are marking down the 2003 7.3 PSDs CC, 4x4 Lariats to $35k and less. $34K seems high for a used 2002, but then again I don't know what it is like in FL.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by PSDtoV6
I do not know what the market differences are compared to Mississippi, but you can buy a brand new 2003 6.0 PSD, Lariat, Crew Cab 4x4, loaded up for 37K. Many places are marking down the 2003 7.3 PSDs CC, 4x4 Lariats to $35k and less. $34K seems high for a used 2002, but then again I don't know what it is like in FL.
We have looked at the new trucks, and they run $45k for the exact truck we are looking at. For the 6.0L, ext cab they are about $40k. So we are basically saving $10k buying a year old.
Seems to be a $5k difference between the ext. cab and crew cab. If we went with new, we would have to do the ext. cab, but it we bought used, we could afford the Crew Cab.

Mississippi seems to be lower for sure!

Old 05-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Well a comparably equipped '03 (based on the options you indicated) will sticker at around $41-43k. Take into account incentives and dealer discounts, I think you can probably deal on a new 7.3 for close to this one. I know most dealers local to me still have a few 7.3s on the lot, and they talk like they want to move them since they are early model year and been on the lots for awhile now.

Old 05-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Be sure to factor in the cost of an extended warranty since that 2002 model year is coming up on almost 2 years old now, heh.

I'd go new for just a little bit more.

Old 05-12-2003, 11:08 AM
New isn't "a little bit more" here in Tampa, Florida. We have tried to get into a newer one, and they are just way out of our price range....or we can't find the exact truck we want. We have been told that they will be getting the 04's this August, so there aren't many 03's like we want out there That's why we were looking at the 6.0L, but they are scarce as well.

We have factored in the Warranty issue, and the diesel engine is our biggest concern, and it's covered for 100k miles....we have about a year and a half left on the current bumper-to-bumper warranty, and anything after that my hubby can do himself. He is very familar with FORD vechicles. So really that isn't an issue.

We checked the black book value, and it's very near this $34k. So we think we are doing good.

They were asking $37,9k for the truck, and we got them down to $34k OTD.

Old 05-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Have you considered looking elsewhere? If you can save a substantial amount and get the truck you want, it might be worth the cost of a one-way plane ticket to get it. When I couldn't find what I wanted locally, I looked in about 8 different states. I actually handled all of the wheeling and dealing on my '02 on the phone and via email. The first day I laid eyes on it was when I showed up at the dealer to pick it up. If this is something that you would consider, here is a truck that might interest you.

Edit:

Current incentives on 7.3L (based on my Zip - you would need to look for yours)

F-Super Duty 7.3L 6-May-03-4-Jun-03 $2000 cash back or 0.0/1.9/2.9/4.9 APR or $1000 cach back +2.9/3.9/4.9 APR

Last edited by JDMnAR; 05-12-2003 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by JDMnAR
Have you considered looking elsewhere? If you can save a substantial amount and get the truck you want, it might be worth the cost of a one-way plane ticket to get it. When I couldn't find what I wanted locally, I looked in about 8 different states. I actually handled all of the wheeling and dealing on my '02 on the phone and via email. The first day I laid eyes on it was when I showed up at the dealer to pick it up. If this is something that you would consider, here is a truck that might interest you.
No, we are pretty much only looking within a 50 miles radius of where we live. We really like the truck we found, and it's right at the price range we have budgeted for. We really don't want to get into a higher payment....so we have capped off the spending limit to $34k.

That is a nice truck you sent.....but again, it's $40k, and that's just too high for us right now.

We would rather purchase something lightly used, and let someone else eat that initial depriciation of when you drive it off the lot. It's nice to see that they do hold their values though

Thanks for your thoughts and the link!!

Old 05-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Well nevermind.

After reading your last post, this truck seems like the right one for you!
You're gonna love it!

Old 05-12-2003, 02:33 PM
LOL...ok, thanks anyways Bikenut

Well, just talked to my hubby, and it looks like they accepted the $34k OTD....so we are now the proud owners of a 2003 F250 I can't wait to drive her!!!!

I will post some pics of her later, we pick her up tonight

Thanks for all your help.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:54 PM
If you think you got a good deal and you like the truck, then that's all that matters. Sound like you will love it. You will definitely enjoy crew cab over ext cab. Congrats!! I bought my gasser for right at 34k on an x-plan, PLUS taxes, etc. I felt like I got a good deal and I don't mind making the payment every month. ENJOY!!

Old 05-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Just pulled her in the driveway....We ended up paying $34k total...including tax, title, dealer fees, other bs fees, tag, etc.....truck was about $31k when it was all said and done.....so I think we did awesome

Pictures will be up tomorrow....

Old 05-13-2003, 04:24 AM
Welcome aboard to the diesel world, I had my wife drive one at the grand opening of our shop...She sat in it, started it up and then looked at me and asked 'is this a diesel??" Mine is all tweaked and with a pretty mean snarl...I said yes this is the new diesel...She drove it...guess what??

She is ready to buy a new one...

But I believe I am going to wait until the new camless are out..

Unless I buy another shop/exhibition truck...

The 6 liter has a different power band, it is smooth power, the 7.3 is raw, grunt power from idle on up..you know stump pulling power...

They are both great trucks!!!! the 6 liter is more refined and opens the door to more female drivers, which I know a few that really like theirs...Great idea by Ford...to target that market!!!

Old 05-15-2003, 11:30 PM
Well..here she is

Now, for the important question.....who can reccommend a good company/brand for a 6" lift??????

Old 05-16-2003, 06:20 AM
DAMN That two tone is Purdy!!!

I was just shopping around. It seems Fabtech is a good quality product and you can get a 6" lift kit for right about $1000 including shocks. It was another $400 to have it installed and Im sure you'll need an alignment and I dont know that that is included -doubtfull.

Congrats again, your hubby must be

Quick Reply: Advice on price for '02 F250 Diesel