F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Screw or 250 Crew PSD

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Screw or 250 Crew PSD

Hello all! I am looking for opinions in regards to my next vehicle.
I am considering either a 2002? Supercrew with 5.4l and 4wd, or a similar year f250 crew cab diesel. I know this comparison sounds strange but let me explain. I really don't "need" a superduty but lets face it they kick ***! Both would be similar in there options. I like the longevity and extra power of the diesel but the screw will fit in my garage and is two feet shorter than the 250. I know I will love either one but suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated. Did I forget to mention that I don't know much about diesel so any help would be great.

Last edited by craiggorski; 05-16-2003 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:34 PM
I would get the SD. I almost half as much for tags on my SD than on my car. I was able to get Farm tags on the truck. The SD will get better MPG, better resale, I also think it would be less for insurance. My agent said the SC was more expensive because they are stolen at a higher rate or something.

by asking on the SD forum you must be leaning this way some.

Steve

Old 05-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Well, although I LOVE my SD, it does'nt sound like you need a PSD and if you're gonna pay for it, you better need it.

I would suggest a 100 year anniversary Harley Edition!! THAT is kick ***! Or if you dont like that style, the King Ranch SuperCrew is a hell of a sweet ride too!

Good luck!

Old 05-16-2003, 11:49 AM
sbieshelt

Yes, I am trying to convince myself that the sd is the way to go not only because I love the design but I do alot of towing during the winter months (wisconsin snowmobiler) and the mileage would be very nice. The weight of the trailer is not an issue, at most we are talking about fully loaded is 3000lb and I haven't had any problems with my 4.6l f150 other than it is not 4wd

Old 05-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Well hell, if you've got the money to spend and you want the SD get it, you'll love it!, but you could pull that load with an Isuzu Rodeo ~oh sorry, a Ranger round these parts

Old 05-16-2003, 03:57 PM
I'll speak for the Screw King Ranch - awesome truck. But, honestly, I love the SD too. Why not go with both and buy the SD KR? Now there is an awesome truck!! 6.0 PS, man I'm gettin' a you know what thinking about it. When I priced one on Build your Ford, the SD KR with the V10 was only $4k more than I paid for my Screw! Of course the PS was about another $4500 on top the V10. I say if you have the money, buy what you want. If you want the SD get it. A year after you buy the Screw you'll be thinking about trading it in on an SD.

Old 05-19-2003, 11:43 PM
the F250

Old 05-19-2003, 11:51 PM
the diesal will have greater resale, the gas is cheaper (very nice right now), gets good milage and all the rest. I say if your willing to fork over the initial cost of a diesal its the way to go in nearly any vehicle purchase. That engine will last you a lifetime and if you sell it itll hold value much better than a SC. And its suprisinly quiet and rides nice considering its a diesal. Your money, i suggest you just drive both and then make your decision.

Old 05-20-2003, 05:06 AM
Man, I own both, NO comparision, The only reason I own the SCREW, its the wifes!!!!

Get the diesel!!!! Fuel here is $1.32, I pay .99 for propane, $1.29 for regular...

The SD is a real truck, MOD friendly!!! can you say 400hp...although 800 ft lbs sounds better!!!

400000 miles and I know people that tow backhoes!!!

Go drive them, and caution, you will love the SD...

Old 05-20-2003, 04:48 PM
I'd forget about the diesel in the equation, and just look at the two trucks. I had a 1998 f-150 Extcab before my 2002 SD Crew Cab. When I was upgrading, I though about a Supercrew, but the look of the SD, in my opinion, swung me to the SD. You get longer beds, 6.5 or 8 compared to the 5.5 on the Screw. It's bigger inside, and price for the SD was only about 1,500 more than a Screw when equiped about the same. (Without a Diesel). As for putting it in the garage, I'd hate not to get a truck because it won't fit in a garage. Once you pick one (then go of the enigine options). If you put a lot of miles on a year, and tow a bunch, get the diesel, if not, a V-10.

Quick Reply: Screw or 250 Crew PSD