F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Overhead Console disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhead Console disappointment

Hello! A buddy of mine wants to get an F250 diesel, but he says he has to get the Lariat in order to get the overhead console. I checked out the internet sites on them, and he is right. The brochures all say that the overhead console is not available on any versions except the Lariat. He doesn't want the leather interior, he wants the overhead console. I suggested he buy the XLT and have an OH Console added aftermarket, and he said he wouldn't have $ to add one aftermarket.

Does anyone know why the Overhead console is not offered for the XLT version? Or even better, how to GET one in the XLT version?

Thanks for your anticipated help...
C~
www.longaberger.com/claudiacurtis

Old 05-23-2003, 06:35 PM
he should be able to get it if he special orders it. If not just tell him to have the dealer install the OH console and finance it into the purchase price ie dealer installed option

Old 05-23-2003, 06:38 PM
He said he was told he would already have to order the truck itself, and that it wouldn't be in for 12 WEEKS!!!

Can he get it installed even though it is NOT an option for the XLT? I know money talks, but A) can it be done and B) would it be worth the money?

Old 05-24-2003, 02:46 PM
like the guy said, get him to ask the dealer if they will install it for him, and finance the cost

i regret not asking the dealer I had about stuff like this - it wasnt until AFTER all the papers were signed and i was about to drive off, that they told me they could have hooked me up with a sweet deal on a custom sound system, exhaust, whatever i wanted and have it installed by someone good there in Houston, and just add it into the financing

now I'm stuck with not enough cash yet to do what i really want with the system

Quick Reply: Overhead Console disappointment