F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Safety restraint warning light

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Safety restraint warning light

I have a 2003 F-250 4x4 Lariat V10 and 5 days after purchase the SRS light began to flash and then would stay on. I took my truck back to the dealer after about 5500 miles and they told me they would have to replace the passenger side seat belt due to a tension problem. While the seat belt was being replaced a service tech, asked me how good my milage was. I told him that I was getting 12.4 MPG and 80% of my driving was highway at around 75 MPH. After the seat belt was replaced, I was called to the service desk and was advised that it would be a while before my truck was ready because they had to remove the entire dashboard. Now I' am not stupid but what does removing the entire dashboard have to do with the seat belt. I told them it would have to be done at another time since this is my only availabile vehicle until the week of July 7. Has anybody had this trouble with the SRS? Also does anyone think the tech can not read the codes correctly or is my MPG to high for a stock v10 and they are going to change something? Thanks in advance for any help on this...

Quick Reply: Safety restraint warning light