F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Compass/Thermometer

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compass/Thermometer

My father-in-law just bought an 03 250 fx4. He wants the temp compass pod that I have in my 150 Super Crew. Is there any reason why this would not work? He has the same pod on the headliner just without the thermometer. He does not have auto climate control. I think the same part I have would work but I thought I would ask here.

Old 07-31-2003, 08:11 PM
There's more to it than just the display. You would need the temperature module that reads the temperature and all the necessary wiring. An option that might be easier and less costly in the long run is replacement rearview mirror that contains a compass and temp sensor. This would include all the needed wiring and sensors. JC Whitney sells a nice one.

Here's the link to it if your interested in it:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jht...=53735&BQ=jcw2

Old 08-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Thanks, that is an option but I know in F-150s if you do not have the console you still have the harness and sensor. Ford only makes so many harnesses. I have all kinds of extra plugs for uninstalled options. Fog lights, Keyless entry, etc. I will have to check under his hood for the sensor, it is probably in a similar spot as the 150.