F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

6l PSD

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003 | 10:28 PM
|
6l PSD

Just bought mine a week ago. Had some misgivings after reading all the forums so here's my story. Production date was 5/8/03. Bought the crewcab Lariat 4x4. With the rebate and a little negotiation, got what I feel is a good deal on the 03 for the amount of truck I'm getting. So far (500 miles) very satisfied with every part of the vehicle. No problems, leaks and no hesitation after its warmed up just a few minutes. Truck pulls unlike any other I've ever driven. Interior is very comfortable and is put together well. Currently getting 17.7 mpg with combined city hwy driving that is heavy to hwy commuting. That's much better than the 5.4 screw I traded in for it. Rides well for the type truck that it is. Can't get it in my garage though. (I knew that already)
Just wanted to get a good word out and will keep you posted.

BE

Old 08-24-2003 | 12:21 AM
It's great to hear the good stories too!! I know there are far more good than bad, but unfortuanatly it's not the good stories that keep message boards busy.

Old 08-24-2003 | 01:47 AM
Congrats. on new ride. Hope it continues to be a good one for you.

Good luck...OT

Old 08-24-2003 | 07:04 AM
bedwards

I jsut picked up the same truck on Friday. I can echo your comments. I have noticed my AC not dropping on warm start ups. ONly lasts for 30 seconds or so. Otherwise, my engine idles smooth, pulls at around 1200 rpm, and it the most power I've ever had under my right foot.

I have three friends buying one this week after driving mine.

I love my power moonroof too. Nothing better than a big badass truck with a power moonroof.

Good luck, hopefully we have good ones. Mine was built 6-2-03. Although my Tundra had it's share of problems. If Toyota can't even get it right anymore, I'll feel better about a few problems with my SD if I have any.

Quick Reply: 6l PSD