F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

any word on 6.0L improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any word on 6.0L improvements?

I know its tiring to discuss what few really know but I'm sitting here bored outta my witts waiting for the game to start so I'll ask anyways :-)

sept 29th was said to be the day they initiate the new improved 6.0L diesels with the longer rails and more turbo blades etc. Any updates on this?

Old 10-08-2003, 12:44 PM
okay, 164 views and no responses! Oh well, I guess I'll just talk to myself. "Hey Ketch!, guess whah? Over at the diesel stop somebody's saying they are driving a revised 04 and even have pics of the engine label that says '4' "

eh,,thanks, eh,,,Ketch....

www.thedieselstop.com

Old 10-09-2003, 05:07 PM
I see you found the answer. "D

Old 10-14-2003, 02:54 PM
nope. that was the old answer. Now there is a post over there that claims there is a 04.25 engine.

And whats up with this forum? Nobody got much to say anymore? I guess this whole "6.0L Version of the Day" saga is getting old.

Old 10-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Ketch, I will talk all day about the 7.3...

You know the 6l out there are going to be a little while, if ever to be fixed right..

The new ones still have some problems, although greatly reduced compared to before...

I will just wait for the Camless before I buy another..Or wait another year...I have to have the bottom end grunt, off idle torque monster, that is going to be tough from the 6L...

Sorry, BUT I do love my 7.3....

Old 10-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Ketch
nope. that was the old answer. Now there is a post over there that claims there is a 04.25 engine.

And whats up with this forum? Nobody got much to say anymore? I guess this whole "6.0L Version of the Day" saga is getting old.
I'm not sure I follow but so far, there are 2004 models out there, but they don't have the refreshed 6.0. It sounds like, and timing dictates )if week of 9/29 is true) that they should be hitting in the next week or 2. A dealer over there was going to post today as to whethger some new 2004's that just hit have the refreshed 6.0. I didn't notice a follow up from hi today yet....

And I agree, this site isn't a big PSD site. Mach1 and a couple other keep it going a little but not like TDS. Of course you have to watch the whining, pissing and moaning that can get started over there pretty quick.

Old 10-21-2003, 04:35 AM
I try..

Hey, FR..I went by Full throttle marine and met the crew, man there are some people working there, I would say 6-7 people, met the owner...They do some crazy stuff there...

They just bought a 6L...

Ck, this, I had a customer that was looking for my place stop by there...He asked them where My place was, and they didn't know...So, I had to go and introduce myself to them...Great bunch of people...

Old 10-22-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Mach1
I try..

Hey, FR..I went by Full throttle marine and met the crew, man there are some people working there, I would say 6-7 people, met the owner...They do some crazy stuff there...

They just bought a 6L...

Ck, this, I had a customer that was looking for my place stop by there...He asked them where My place was, and they didn't know...So, I had to go and introduce myself to them...Great bunch of people...
Wow, I haven't talked to Bob in a while, but last I knew it was just he and his nephew. Several of us talked about going down this last weekend and having a little get together as the boating season ends but we had to many things going on.

Yup, Bob bought the 6.0 and within just a few hundred miles headed out and picked up a couple of new boats. Pulled a 28' Nordic (now has his personal N/A 555cid Merlin in it) back and said it pulled it like nothing! Got great MPG too!! Although the Nordic only weighs about 7500lbs I believe he said, it sounded like he got a good one!

He's working on a 560HP 502 for another friends little 22' Crownline. He does great engine work.

Old 10-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Back to the topic at hand...LOL. I am thinking of trading in my 01 F150 4X4 for a 04 350 PSD 4X4. If I order today the dealer is saying 4 - 8 weeks for delivery. Will I get the refreshed 6.0 or not?!?! Would I be better off waiting a few more weeks to see which engine will be available?!?! I have been abusing my 150 and have a killer offer on the table waiting for me to sign on the dotted line...

David

Old 10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
According to all reports they've been building the SuperDuties with nothing but the updated 6.0L Powerstroke for a month now. The first units are just beginning to arrive on the dealer lots now.

If you ordered now, you should get the same thing. Looks like they managed the supply chain just right on this changeover.

Quick Reply: any word on 6.0L improvements?