F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Delivery date accuracy!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery date accuracy!?!?!

I did it...I ordered a new 04 F350 XLT extended cab short bed single wheel truck with the 6.0 PSD. The dealer is telling me the second wwek of December since I put my order in this week before the Wednesday cut off. How accurate is this?? What has been everyone's experience with delivery dates?? I am going to try to sell my 01 F150 XLT before the new truck shows up....

Thanks all!!!

David

Old 11-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Hi David

Congrats. on new ride. From what i've read, you should have it by then. Hey, you might even get it sooner.

I think dealer gets updates every week on their orders. When a build date is set, i think they also assign the VIN#. Or vise/versa.

Not sure about here, but on the "order" forum at www.thedieselstop.com, your VIN# can be tracked.

Meantime, your dealer may/maynot call to confirm BD. So after about 4 weeks, if you dont hear from them, call them.

Yours should be the revised 6L with all the latest changes. Early reports seem to be very positive.

Good luck...OT

btw...i sold my old 99, 1 week after i ordered new one. I hesitated in doing that, but guy wanted it now or no deal. Forutnately wifes car available, so worked out ok for me.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Cool, thanks for the update. I am kinda scared of putting my 01 %150 up for sale just yet since we only have the car and the truck. My luck it will sell the first day....LOL

David

Old 11-23-2003, 09:35 AM
The dealer e-mailed me my VIN and a delivery date of 8 December. I have a feeling this is going to be a good Christmas . Now I need to sell my F150.

David

Quick Reply: Delivery date accuracy!?!?!