F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

thinking about buying a 350 Diesel......

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking about buying a 350 Diesel......

I am looking to buy a Diesel before spring. I am 99% sure I want a 99+ PSD. I planned on spending 20-25k. I dont need the truck till spring. It will be used for towing duties and that is it. It wont be a daily driver. Just used on weekend for going to the track. I plan on putting 10-15k a year on it. Here is the problem. I ran into an old buddy of mine. He has a 99 350 Dually with a PSD that he HAS to sep ASAP! He is moving out of state in one week. I have seen the truck once and from what I remember it is a Xcab XLT 4x4. It now has 140k on the odometer. He said bottom line he can go as low as 14k for it. Is this a deal worth jumpimg on? The miles concern me...not for the motor, but other things. What will I be looking to replace soon? Keep in mind I dont need the truck right now but he HAS to sell it! Should I pass on this deal or jump on it? Should I offer him less? TIA

Old 11-23-2003, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do your research. I saw 99 - 01 PSD's for over 25k on ebay when I was looking. Based on that, I paid close to 30k for a brand new 'end of model year' one with (almost) everything I wanted on it.

Quick Reply: thinking about buying a 350 Diesel......