F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Best time to buy a F-250

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best time to buy a F-250

Wondering if anyone might know when the best time to buy a new F-250 would be. I was told that Feb. was a better time to buy because ther is less days in the month but the saleman still have to try to sale the same amount of vehicles as any other month. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Scott

Old 12-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Incentives are up in most places around the country right now, but sales are strong for both Ford and GM. Incentives proabably won't be going up and the manufactures are hoping to ease back on them a little.

Right now isn't a bad time to buy. Everyone is pushing to finish the year strong....

Old 12-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, in buying a new vehicle, I would assume that the time to get the best deal would be at the end of the year, maybe the last week of the year, because if they have the vehicle for one day on the lot in the new year, then they have to pay property taxes on that vehicle for the entire year, so they may try to unload the vehicles before January 1st. Maybe that's flawed logic, maybe not. That's what I came up with.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:54 AM
whenever my dad has bought a new vehicle, he has always bought it in August right before the new model year normally comes out when the dealers are probably trying to get rid of the old model year vehicles... not sure if this is the best theory though

Old 12-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Well I apprecite all the help guys. I think I am going to buy one the last week or so of the year. Maybe I wil Come out alright. I have already found a 2004 F-250 Crew Cab V10 with the Fx4 Package for 33,000 out the door. So far i can not find anyone that can touch it. Do ya'll think that is a fair price?

Scott

Old 12-12-2003, 12:14 AM
buy time

I am getting ready to buy an f-250 fx4 powerstroke. I bought the info from www.fightingchance.com which gives you the dealer cost on the vehicle and all options. It also tells the rebates, holdbacks and how others have done in using the program. They say to fax the vehicle and options to every ford dealer in the area and tell them the lowest cost offer will get the sale. End of december is the best time to buy. Should get the truck for invoice to $400 over before rebates. I used this to buy my 2001 supercrew and it worked well.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:11 AM
I got mine at the end of model year, but also after the 04's came out. X plan (or a couple hundred over invoice) is common, but the rebates were about as high as they have ever been. Got it on Sept 30th - the last day of some of the rebates, so mine was right on time.

Old 12-12-2003, 09:51 PM
I ended up pretty much buying the F-250 today. Just waiting on my credit union to approve my loan. Man I sure hope that goes well. I should know something around Monday. I am like a kid at Christmas time about buying this truck. I ended up getting the truck for about $1500 below invoice using the X plan and the $2000 dollar rebate. So saying that I got the truck (hopefully got the truck that is) for 33,500 out the door. I am pretty satisfied with the price. Is this a pretty fair price is ya'lls opinion?

2004 F-250 SD Lariat
Crew Cab 4X4 - 6-3/4'

Total MSRP: $39,720.00

VIN: 1FTNW21S24EB10024
Series: Lariat
Cab: Crew Cab
Drive: 4X4
Box: 6-3/4'

Engine: 6.8L EFI V10 Engine
Transmission: Electronic 4-Speed Automatic Transmission

Exterior Color & Interior Trim

Black

Med Parchment

Special Packages

- FX4 Off-Road Package
- Skid Plate Package
- Advanced Security Group

Engine

- 6.8L EFI V10 Engine

Transmission

- Electronic 4-Speed Automatic Transmission

Rear Axle Ratios

- 3.73 Axle Ratio, Limited Slip Rear

Payload Packages

- Payload Package

Paint Application

- Lower Accent Two-Tone Paint

Wheels

- 16" Premium Aluminum Wheels

Tires

- LT265/75Rx16E OWL All-Terrain Tires

Seats

- Leather Seating Surfaces Luxury Captain's Chairs with Console (Crew Cab)

Power Seating

- Power Driver and Passenger Seat, 6-Way (Power Passenger Crew Cab Only)

Radio

- Premium Electronic AM/FM Stereo with Cassette/Single CD Player/Clock

Options/Upgrades

- Air Conditioning
- Chrome Rear Step Bumper
- Chrome Tubular Cab Steps
- 4X4 Electric Shift-on-the-Fly
- Fog Lamps
- Privacy Glass
- Speed Control/Tilt Steering Wheel
- Built Ford Tough Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Sliding Rear Window

Old 12-14-2003, 05:41 AM
From my experiences...

It's best to wait until the dealers already have the new model year on the lot. Then they are begging for people to take the old ones so they can have more room on their lot for the new models.

My dad was offered an F-250 extended cab, 4x4, 5.4 (I think it was an XLT trim) for ~24,000. The dealer only had a few left and was knocking 12K off the sticker. Unfortunatly he was there just looking.

Old 12-15-2003, 09:30 PM
03 350

Just got my 03 350, 4x4 6.0 stroker, auto , with dump box. ended up getting $7250 in rebates, plus my a-plan. truck listed for 41,500.00 out the door price was $30,900.00 WOW what a deal. great rebates now.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by ausd1981
Wondering if anyone might know when the best time to buy a new F-250 would be. I was told that Feb. was a better time to buy because ther is less days in the month but the saleman still have to try to sale the same amount of vehicles as any other month. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Scott
I worked in retail a little. Comps are ussually done yearly July 2004 - July 2006. The only thing I can tell you is that the last days of each month is always crunch time. And as one of the other reply's listed said right now it is realy a buyers market. They are realy dealing. You can build and get quotes on all the major web sites. You can just get an idea and use some of the suggestions to get real prices.

Old 10-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Pickup Man
Well, in buying a new vehicle, I would assume that the time to get the best deal would be at the end of the year, maybe the last week of the year, because if they have the vehicle for one day on the lot in the new year, then they have to pay property taxes on that vehicle for the entire year, so they may try to unload the vehicles before January 1st. Maybe that's flawed logic, maybe not. That's what I came up with.

I don't know how markclement manage to dig up this nearly 2 year old post. But, I can vouch for end of the year. Last December the wife and I bought an Explorer and got it 2K below dealer invoice without any questions. MSRP 31K - we paid 23K - got 8K off of that sum-bish.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:03 AM
About 3 weeks ago...

Old 10-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by markclement
I worked in retail a little. Comps are ussually done yearly July 2004 - July 2006. The only thing I can tell you is that the last days of each month is always crunch time. And as one of the other reply's listed said right now it is realy a buyers market. They are realy dealing. You can build and get quotes on all the major web sites. You can just get an idea and use some of the suggestions to get real prices.
Wow, doin some grave diggin tonight huh? I don't even know those people up there...

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: Best time to buy a F-250